PDA

View Full Version : No Spark

xben719
03-15-2007, 10:42 AM
Allright when I put my 400 away for winter it ran just fine and all that. So I went to start it the other day so I could get it ready to ride for spring, and it started right up. Well than it died liked I turned it off. I put fresh gas in it and a fresh plug. When I tested the plug I didn't have any spark. What could have happened over winter that would cause this. Oh and I tried another new plug just in case. Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

underpowered
03-15-2007, 10:55 AM
could be the pick up coil, the ignition coil, CDI.

fist off i would just go over the wire harness and check for any loose connections. start with the simple stuff first. make sure all wires are pluged in and not corroded, make sure all connections are tight.

ssinnott
03-15-2007, 10:59 AM
My friend had that problem too. It was mice that had got into the air cleaner and built a nest. The mice must of wanted an easier way in and out so they chewed a couple wires. When he started it up it ran a little rough, but he thought it was just cold. Then it did the same thing as yours just quit. He did the same things as you changed the gas and spark plug. When he changed the plug found he had no spark. He started chasing wires and found what the mice had done. Hope this helped and you get your machine running soon.