PDA

View Full Version : Need your votes .

Quad18star
03-15-2007, 08:23 AM
Every year Kraft Corporation holds a contest throughout Canada called Kraft Hockeyville . Basically small communities and some larger towns have volunteers submit videos from the community to be enetered into the contest . They have to prove to the judges and to the people , why their community should become Hockeyville .

The prize for winning the contest is $50 000 cash to help renovate the community's arena and they will have the opportunity to host an NHL hockey game .

It's a great contest , because most of the arenas that make the final 10 spots are in need of major repairs . Making top 5 since incredible because you've batteled through 1000's of applications .

A small community just outside of where I live has made the top 5 and voting ends Tomorrow at 11am . This town has an arena that is in major need of repairs , yet it still holds the largest family hockey tourny in Canada every year . It's a very small community where hockey is not just a sport , it's a way of life .

What I'm asking is for your help in voting to make this community Canada's next Hockeyville . We're up against some BIG cities , so any vote helps .

Go to this webwsite www.cbc.ca/hockeyville and check out the application videos .. you'll see what it's all about . And if you'd like to help out , vote for Noelville ... it's the community that I'm hoping will win the contest .

underpowered
03-15-2007, 10:28 AM
voted for em. looks like a kinda cool contest.

Quad18star
03-15-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by underpowered
voted for em. looks like a kinda cool contest.

Thanks for the vote .

Yeah it is a pretty cool contest . What's nice about it , is that it's not just a single person that wins , it's a whole community . Around here , arenas are used for a lot more than just playing hockey . A lot of them host events like speed skating , figure skating ... most are usually the main " headquarters" for things like winter carnivals , fishing tournaments and even ATV runs and rallys ( especially in Noelville) .

insaneracin2003
03-15-2007, 12:19 PM
thats an awsome idea,,,,i got ya covered Greg

Quad18star
03-15-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by insaneracin2003
thats an awsome idea,,,,i got ya covered Greg

54warrior
03-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Can you vote once per day? There was a lady in my hometown that won some Halls Cough Drops contest that was similar to this, she asked everyone to go each day and vote. the format was very similar.

BTW, I did vote

CRich[814]
03-15-2007, 01:56 PM
noelville voted.