PDA

View Full Version : Culver Race

firefighterjosh
03-15-2007, 05:16 AM
Who is going to be at the march 25th Culver IN D 15 race?

Sucks there is only 4 races this year:(

I am going to race this one then I might skip the rest and save my money for haspen.

I will be on a Green King quad (prally the only ute there).

Also anyone else racing any Grand Prix this year?

jimmy7120
03-16-2007, 09:56 AM
Josh

Are you going to Haspin this weekend for the first race? I will be there, just curious if you will be as well. How is that first place trophy doing?

James

firefighterjosh
03-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by jimmy7120
Josh

Are you going to Haspin this weekend for the first race? I will be there, just curious if you will be as well. How is that first place trophy doing?

James

lol it doing alright:o

I pmed you I will not be there. Money being a issue. I am going to race this culver race since I have alot of friends that are racing for there first time, then I may skip the rest of the D15 season and race some haspen races. I like haspen because my parents and whoever else go can ride around still when I am racing. Alot better then walking lol

jimmy7120
03-16-2007, 10:39 AM
Good luck at the D15 race. Sorry not replying to the PM,but I do not know where to go to check PM's. Let me know which races you are going to and I will look for you there.

Yeah your parents or friends can ride the track with you even before the race if you are there early enough.

James

firefighterjosh
03-18-2007, 10:04 AM
ok will do....to check pms look at the top of your screen and click on user cp

Dave400ex
03-18-2007, 10:20 AM
Josh who all is racing?

firefighterjosh
03-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Myslef, jason, austin, arnold.

BUt arnold ussually makes excuses not to go

Austin bent a axle so he is goinhg to order one monday and hope he gets it done in time.

Is that dang 450 back together?:D

Dave400ex
03-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Be done today. The thing is rediculous. Come look at it today if your bored.

firefighterjosh
03-18-2007, 10:34 AM
AWESOME! Be there in 5 mins

JJ I will call ya in a few I wanna see this bad thing:macho

Dave400ex
03-18-2007, 10:36 AM
lol. I'll be here.

firefighterjosh
03-18-2007, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by Dave400ex
lol. I'll be here.

Man that thing is bad!!! Can't wait to se ya t the race.

BTW Jimmy!!!! How you do today or yesterady I forgot when the race was

jimmy7120
03-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Josh

Yesterday was a muddy mess. They let the quads do a practice lap after the dirtbikes are done, but we had to wait another 20-30 minutes because alot of the quads got stuck on their practice lap. Other than that the race was good, but very muddy. I came in 11th out of 18 in the B class. Not bad for my first B class race. There was about 120 quads all together.

You would have been well on your utility at that race. I will be at the race next month on the 22nd. My dad and I were thinking about going to the D15 race this weekend, but we want to ensure we have enough funds for the INXC series races. But I will let you know if we change out minds.

Jimmy

Thanks for letting me know how to check the PM's!

firefighterjosh
03-19-2007, 07:44 PM
NP Maybe I will see you there. Dang I shoulda races. BTW did they also have overall winners too? I am going ot try to race 3 Haspen races after june. sounds like a good time. Maybe next year I will try to race the while series

jimmy7120
03-19-2007, 08:49 PM
They posted the results on their website now. The overall winner I believe was the Pro winner, Brent Howel (not sure if I spelled his name right). But he is extremely fast. The B & C classes both had a holeshot award of twenty five dollars for both classes.

The electronic scoring went well I thought for how muddy the conditions were.

firefighterjosh
03-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Sounds like a ball. How were the hill climbs there? Alot worse then the one at webster? I tried climbing the side of my table top at my house and about killed my self yesterday:scary:

jimmy7120
03-19-2007, 10:06 PM
The hillclimbs are longer than the ones were at the grandprix. Some are steeper, but they are usually fairly straight. A good amount of momentum and you should be fine.

The race you are going to go to let me know and if you want to go early, or possibly camp the night before just let me know. We can ride the track together before the dirtbikes start their race. They start at 10:30, so you would have to leave early to make it from your area.

The track gets much more rutted than the grandprix track, and this wears you out more than the hills will, well maybe that is more the quad. You can plow through more things than I can on my 400. You seemed fine after that grandprix race so you should be fine.

firefighterjosh
03-20-2007, 04:00 AM
Ya I was pumped after the GP race. I wasn't tired. Just my thumb hurt a little. We will see how culver goes before I can say the quad makes me less tired lol. Ya camping would be fun. Plus then I do not have leave as early.

jimmy7120
03-20-2007, 10:42 AM
sounds good, just let me know

I dont think I will be at the D15 race, I am in need of some new front brakes, but good luck and let me know how you do.

firefighterjosh
03-25-2007, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by jimmy7120
sounds good, just let me know

I dont think I will be at the D15 race, I am in need of some new front brakes, but good luck and let me know how you do.

I ended up 11th out of 18 or 17 can't remember. Not a good race for me:( I didn't get a good start. ended up alomost ramming my friend since I started in the 2nd row.:scary:

mfr440
03-26-2007, 10:36 PM
firefighterjosh, you've got PM!

I went to Culver, too. The course was FANTASTIC, especially for a first-timer like me. Too bad I crashed out after only one lap...I'll be posting a few photos, soon I hope.

firefighterjosh
03-26-2007, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by mfr440
firefighterjosh, you've got PM!

I went to Culver, too. The course was FANTASTIC, especially for a first-timer like me. Too bad I crashed out after only one lap...I'll be posting a few photos, soon I hope.

Yup I got your PM. Ya I was bouncing off trees my first race too. Be prepared to spend lots of money its a ddicting sport.

Maybe I will see ya at some GP races as well. There alot of fun.