PDA

View Full Version : Huge thanks to Dan @ Breezewood Proving Grounds

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Just to start off, I've been riding up at Breezewood Proving Grounds for about a year now and the place is awesome but what sets this place apart is how the place is run and how willing there are to accomodate there riders.

About an hour after joking with Dan about getting flat tires at the track I was driving down 70 headed back home to MD when all of a sudden my trailer tire blew to shreds (7pm). We'll anyone who's been there knows there arent too many places to get a new tire and rim at 7pm at night. After several calls to towns of Brezewood and Hancock we came up with no options. I decided to call Dan to see if he could help out. Being the stand up guy that he is, he went to his garage and luckily found a tire that would fit my trailer. He drove to meet us at 8:30pm in the rain with tools in hand and helped install the tire. When I tried to offer some money for his efforts he told me "that I was insulting him by offering money for the help". This is just another reason that the Proving Grounds and there owner/staff are some of the best people around and run a first class facility. If you havent had a chance to visit, I would strongly advise a visit to see what a great place it is to spend a day or weekend. Thanks again Dan, you saved my butt tonight.

Big thanks to "The Freak" for hanging out and helping with the phone calls.

Lesson learned today...always carry a spare tire:devil: :blah:

www.breezewoodprovinggrounds.com

WhiteYFZ
03-14-2007, 10:47 PM
i know, he is a great guy and very nice. i love to ride there

dan harris
03-14-2007, 10:54 PM
Hey Les,

......No Problem,

We do that for all our members - it's like tripple A, Break down within 25 miles of the park and we'll get ya goin'.

I just hope the guys camping in the parking lot don't wanna leave before I get their wheel back !?.... lol

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by dan harris
Hey Les,

......No Problem,

We do that for all our members - it's like tripple A, Break down within 25 miles of the park and we'll get ya goin'.

I just hope the guys camping in the parking lot don't wanna leave before I get their wheel back !?.... lol

Notice, I didnt say anything about the tire coming off the camper:devil: :blah: :D

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Here's some pics before the carnage began.

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:07 PM
The Freak railing a berm

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:09 PM
me hitting the dining hall jump

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:09 PM
Different angle on the dining hall jump

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:10 PM
The Freak testing his sidewalls

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:11 PM
new landing on the step up before the dining hall jump. I would bet you could go four quads wide on this jump now

:devil:

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:12 PM
The Freak on a step up on the lower track

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:15 PM
Sorry for the blurry pic. This is the down hill ski jump.

Les Davis
03-14-2007, 11:16 PM
another side view of the 4 wide step up landing

WhiteYFZ
03-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by Les Davis
Here's some pics before the carnage began.

WTF!! where is that jump??? is that where the 70ft uphill tripple was? it looks sick!!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

Les Davis
03-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by WhiteYFZ
WTF!! where is that jump??? is that where the 70ft uphill tripple was? it looks sick!!!!!!:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

That's the uphill 40' next to the uphill triple that goes into the woods. Dan reworked it this week. It's got a nice steep face on it now.

the freak
03-17-2007, 10:51 PM
I noticed that you didnt post my NAC NAC over the 80 footer. that is so like you les...............

03-17-2007, 10:57 PM
damn thats some sick air

QuadRacer041
03-18-2007, 11:13 AM
wow thats a great story les, dan seems like a great guy. i know pappy keeps telling me i got to get down there to check that place out cause its awsome. i think this summer i may have to come on down.

Pappy
03-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041
wow thats a great story les, dan seems like a great guy. i know pappy keeps telling me i got to get down there to check that place out cause its awsome. i think this summer i may have to come on down.

i do not promote someone unless i believe in them, and dan has my trust for sure! stories like this only get mentioned every once in awhile, but they happen often!

lou, you would love it, the jumps are not huge or all that difficult for someone with your skills, but the atmosphere at the facility cant be matched!

QuadRacer041
03-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i do not promote someone unless i believe in them, and dan has my trust for sure! stories like this only get mentioned every once in awhile, but they happen often!

lou, you would love it, the jumps are not huge or all that difficult for someone with your skills, but the atmosphere at the facility cant be matched!

i think i will try to get some of my buddies to come down during the summer break of the gncc's.

esr250r86
03-18-2007, 02:39 PM
That track looks fun!:devil:

Les Davis
03-18-2007, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by QuadRacer041

Thanks QuadRacer041. I agree with Pappy, seems like you always hear the negative side of the sport and never the positive anymore. Dan wen't through h*ll to get that place open and make his vision a reality and day after day he's trying to make it a better place for ALL riders. My hats off to him and I try and help promote the Proving Grounds to everyone I know.

CRich[814]
03-18-2007, 02:48 PM
i want to head down there soo badly. ive heard nothing but good from the whole facility. great story and pics.

wvspeedfreak
03-18-2007, 03:09 PM
Dan and the crew at Breezewood Proving Grounds have gone out of their way to accomodate us as well and we greatly appreciate it!!Every chance I get I tell someone about dan's facility.

dan harris
03-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Thanks to all the riders who have been supporting the park for the past two years. Glad to see that the place is appreciated.

I'm looking forward to a great year at the Proving Grounds thanks to all the people who have been spreading the word. You can count on the park getting better and better !!!

.............we ain't seen nothin' yet !