PDA

View Full Version : exhaust Spark arrestor

teels
03-14-2007, 10:25 PM
I need some info. I have just bought a 2007 YFZ450 limited edition, wondering about removing the spark arrestor. Is removing it a bad thing? If I remove it will I have to jet the carb or do any other adjustments? I don't like the way the stock exhaust sounds. It didn't seem like the dealers know a whole lot about any modifications! Are there any other tricks to make the stock bike go faster?
Does any one have an exhaust system for the 2007 YFZ450 model they would be willing to part with for a good deal?
The Yamaha dealer told me on top of the carb there is a screw that you can take out and saw it off right past the threads and it allows for more throttle? Does anyone know if there any trueth to that?

trxsandman
03-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Removing the spark arrestor will not cause you to do anything the bike will run the same just sound a little different. As far as the carb goes I've never heard of such a thing. It sounds to me like he might have been trying to tell you about the screw on the throttle body which can control the distance the throttle lever can be pushed.

teels
03-15-2007, 01:58 PM
He said it has the same carb as some of the Yamaha dirt bikes and that the you could take the gas tank off and remove the screw and saw it off. He said where the cables go into the carb there is a flat part with a screw on top - It allows those cables to only turn so far without cutting some of the screw off. I looked and didn't see it. I didn't take the tank off but I could see the top of the carba and where the cables go in. My guess is he probably don't have the right carb in mind!
I will take the spark arrestor out, Make it sound better, Thanks.