PDA

View Full Version : ford escape xlt looking for more power

killen them all
03-14-2007, 09:42 PM
ok guys i am looking to get a little more power out of my 01 escape xlt it is all stock with 200 hp : ( it has the Duratec 3.0 v6 in it and i know nothing about this motor so if any of you guys know anything i can do to it besides turbos and supercharger to much money for a daily driver i am looking on putting a exhuast on it but that all i can think of doing.. maybe this motor is in something else that has more performance stuff on it from the factory.. thanks i hope that made sence.

whiteflash
03-14-2007, 09:49 PM
intake and exhaust should be a good start...

firefighterjosh
03-14-2007, 10:09 PM
3.0 stuff (http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=32)

Pretty sure its the same 3.0 they put in rangers.

sportraxkid
03-14-2007, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by firefighterjosh
3.0 stuff (http://www.ranger-forums.com/forum2/forumdisplay.php?f=32)

Pretty sure its the same 3.0 they put in rangers.

The 3.0 in the escape is dual overhead cam and is mounted sideways. I think a tauras might have the same motor but im not sure.

firefighterjosh
03-14-2007, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by sportraxkid
The 3.0 in the escape is dual overhead cam and is mounted sideways. I think a tauras might have the same motor but im not sure.

OIC...my bad.

coolguy8769
03-14-2007, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by killen them all
ok guys i am looking to get a little more power out of my 01 escape xlt it is all stock with 200 hp : ( it has the Duratec 3.0 v6 in it and i know nothing about this motor so if any of you guys know anything i can do to it besides turbos and supercharger to much money for a daily driver i am looking on putting a exhuast on it but that all i can think of doing.. maybe this motor is in something else that has more performance stuff on it from the factory.. thanks i hope that made sence.

you think thats bad i have the 2006 I-4 motor. its like driving a damn snail. i know kenny bell supercharges makes a charger for the V6 though, and flowmaste rand a few others make exhausts

400exrider707
03-15-2007, 07:03 AM
Borla makes a sweet exhaust for the 3.0. Those DOHC motors actually pull surprisingly well. The supercharger would be the best bet, and if you can keep your right foot light, it will actually increase MPG!! We put a drop in K&N on ours and didn't notice a difference at all. I never really checked the mileage but Im sure it went up a bit. They are the same motor as the taurus.

elite ATV1
03-15-2007, 02:36 PM
Headers, Exaughst, CAI, bigger injectors, and so on