PDA

View Full Version : Need help with oakley goggles

quadwanter
03-14-2007, 09:34 PM
When i bought my bike the guy have me his helmet and goggles...the goggles are oakleys but the lense has been scratched to a point where i need a new one. I went to motosport and looked at the type of oakley's and mine look identical to the O-frame ones so i ordered a pack of 5 lenses. Well i got them today and they dont fit, way to big. Is it possiable that the guy who gave me these goggles bought them so long ago that oakley changed the look of the goggle thus changing the lense spec? I need some new lenses by Saturday otherwise it looks like im gonna have to wear some protective shop glasses :(

NacsMXer
03-14-2007, 10:16 PM
If you post a pic up it would be easier to tell...
I recently changed lenses on my Oakley Crowbars and I can tell you the entire time I fought to get them in I could have sworn I had the wrong lens :p They are a very tight fit and seemed almost too large for the frame like you are describing. They will take a good amount of fighting to get them in there ;) I've changed Smith warpstar lenses that were a piece of cake but the Oakleys were a PITA to change out :o

quadwanter
03-14-2007, 10:21 PM
i'll see if i can get a pic tomorrow....as for the lense im positive they are to big especially comparing them to the one that was in it..hmmmm i really like the goggles, hope i can find some lenses for it.

NacsMXer
03-14-2007, 10:50 PM
I see...well yea, get the pics up then....always helps!

03-15-2007, 07:51 AM
i think that oakley changed goggle design in 03 or 04...

Raptor68
03-15-2007, 07:52 AM
Are you sure they aren't the Youth version?

HB416EX
03-15-2007, 11:06 AM
Goggles are cheap,buy a new pair.

quadwanter
03-15-2007, 11:50 AM
why would i get a new pair if i could spend $5 on the lense? :confused: Being a student i dont have the funds even for $60 goggles..... or a pair of $30 ones that will fall apart....

HB416EX
03-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by quadwanter
why would i get a new pair if i could spend $5 on the lense? :confused: Being a student i dont have the funds even for $60 goggles..... or a pair of $30 ones that will fall apart....

I disn't know your situation.I usually buy a $40 pair every 2 times I ride.

CRich[814]
03-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by HB416EX
I disn't know your situation.I usually buy a $40 pair every 2 times I ride.

wanna sell some old ones?

:eek2:

i've had 2 pair of scott's since i was 7. i used yellow ones from when i was 7-15 or so and i just got some red ones last year that are in great condition still. thats nine years of hard use on basically one pair of 89x's. i've deffinitly got my moneys worth.

mephyst
03-15-2007, 12:55 PM
I bought my Oakley's around 02/03... I have two pair. One for night one for day. I could have sworn the lens were too big for them also, but you have to just fight it in. It isn't that hard once you figure it out...

quadwanter
03-15-2007, 07:52 PM
pics....the new lense is the one with the plastic on it still as you could probably figure out haha

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Quadwanter/goggles2.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Quadwanter/goggles1.jpg

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/Quadwanter/goggles3.jpg

HB416EX
03-15-2007, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]

i've had 2 pair of scott's since i was 7. i used yellow ones from when i was 7-15 or so and i just got some red ones last year that are in great condition still. thats nine years of hard use on basically one pair of 89x's. i've deffinitly got my moneys worth.

I guess I always buy new stuff now because when I was a kid I had one pair of gloves and goggles.They gloves were neon pink and baby blue the helmet was blue,white,pink,yellow all the foam was gone and it was cracked.I treat my self to the most comfortable riding gear now that I can.

HB416EX
03-15-2007, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by CRich[814]

I guess I always buy new stuff now because when I was a kid I had one pair of gloves and goggles.They went from being too big to too small,I had them 10 years.The gloves were neon pink and baby blue the helmet was blue,white,pink,yellow all the foam was gone and it was cracked.I treat my self to the most comfortable riding gear now that I can.

quadwanter
03-16-2007, 11:54 AM
so pics are up and no one knows still? ....common and help me out if you guys know i really need to get this taken care of

03-16-2007, 01:31 PM
you obvioulsy have 2 different sizes of lenses...the new ones are bigger than the old ones...what more would you like to know?

i would say you have the old style oakleys...take them to the dealer and tell them you need lenses for these goggles...they should be able to hook you up...if not, buy new goggles...probably need them anyway if those are that old

CRich[814]
03-16-2007, 01:40 PM
im down with making old stuff work and saving a few bones rather than spending $50 on new goggles. id rather buy the $5 lense too. i would return the lense and maybe try some of that lense filler stuff on the infomericals. look up oakley carbon fiber goggles in search engines, you might find something.

Raptor68
03-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Place the old one on top of the new one, trace it, then trim it to fit.

Bill Fuller
03-16-2007, 03:11 PM
Looks like you have a set of Youth Oakley's. I believe they are the M frame (not 100% sure) but I do know there is a smaller version of the O frame. Trimming the lenses wont work since there are grooves in the lenses to "snap" into the frame.

quadwanter
03-16-2007, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
you obvioulsy have 2 different sizes of lenses...the new ones are bigger than the old ones...what more would you like to know?

no kiddin?!?!?!

i want to know if you guys think that the goggles i have are the youth ones, or if they are a different style....thats why i posted the pictures, not for enjoyment. Thanks for who responded i think im gonna order a youth lense and see if that fits.

johnsls
03-16-2007, 07:24 PM
Just a suggestion. Try going to a local dealer and see if they sell what you need. Then if they do maybe you can return the ones OR sell them on here.