PDA

View Full Version : Hetricks 416 National Motor?

Sparks425Ex
10-05-2002, 04:13 PM
I was wondering if anyone has had experience with hetricks. I know they are a decent companys and have won alot of races but i wanna know basiclly about their 416 National.

I plan on having them go my engine either next winter or later this winter. Maybe in the spring.Before race season.

What does the 416 feel like compared to any other 416? (Tc,Spraks?) I ride all Mx adn have deff. decided on going with a 416 but i not yet sure as to what company to go through.

Thanks for all your help

DMC mx400ex
10-05-2002, 04:26 PM
wondering the same thing???

NTPRacing#19
10-05-2002, 05:43 PM
dude if were you i would go with Sparks, they got their 416 national kits dialed in! plus their pipes you cant beat them they can add some serious power to your 400

Dave400ex
10-05-2002, 10:11 PM
If you want Sparks you better call and put your name on the list.

Sparks425Ex
10-06-2002, 07:21 AM
Com on Guys somone has to have or know somone that has this set up.

CBRSLIDER
10-08-2002, 06:47 AM
Sorry it took so long to answer. Been away a few days. But I have the Hetrick 416 National Kit. It rocks! I race XC and have pulled some very impressive holeshots against Raptors, C'dales, Z400s, and other EX's. It has given me the extra speed coming into straights to make the passes that I need to get into the lead. It is very forgiving. Meaning that if you're in a gear too high, it'll still pull with little effort. Which really helps when you're getting tired and miss shifts or just don't have the strength to shift. I love it. I would definately recommend it. It has been very reliable. The work was first rate and the people were great. Rich and Michele were very friendly and tolerant of a trillion questions and calls from me. Give them a call and ask them any questions that you might have. They'll take care of you.

Now to compare it to a sparks or tc I could not tell ya. I have no experience with them. I have run my 416 against a Hetrick 425 and there was more torque with the 425 but the 416 revved quicker. But they were both awesome compared to stock.

If you don't want to call them and ask questions then you could either ask me or Hetrick425ex. I ran against his EX when my friend owned it. He has his setup for MX and since there are similarities between the 416 and 425, maybe he could shed more light on this subject.

later
Ray

Extremeracer167
10-08-2002, 08:53 AM
Im not saying Hetrick is a bad company, but i know a few guys that have had there engines done up there, mostly LT80s and a few 400EX's and i know with 1 of the guys that iknow, they put the piston in backwards. and 2 of the guys hated there engine, but the other guy liked it.

hetrick425ex
10-19-2002, 10:23 PM
hahahhahhaheeeeeehehe i know exactlly who your talking about..he is still a loyal customer.... thats not what happened....i know the whole story email me or call us and ask for Casey and ill tell you the whole story about the pistons....
Thanks alot and have a wonderful day!
Later Guys!
Casey........

CBRSLIDER
10-20-2002, 12:43 AM
Casey,

Is he talking about Vito, who did his own rebuild just with Hetrick parts? Poor Jimmy he'll never live that one down. hehe.

Ray

hetrick425ex
10-21-2002, 07:58 AM
hahahaha no but he did the same basic thing!
ya know how it goes.......
later ray!