PDA

View Full Version : E-brake block off question

woodyzr2
03-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I got my ebrake blockoff plate because i was leaking fluid out of the boot on the ebrake assembly. Anyway...I got the plate, and now fluid is leaking out through that. I thought they just bolted right up with no problems. Can anyone steer me in the right direction here?

woodyzr2
03-14-2007, 05:52 PM
nevermind...looks like I'm staring at a rebuild. Fluid is not supposed to be escaping the pin correct?

AtvMxRider
03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by woodyzr2
nevermind...looks like I'm staring at a rebuild. Fluid is not supposed to be escaping the pin correct?

Correct

deathman53
03-14-2007, 06:34 PM
nope, there is a o-ring in the caliper and the piston has a rod on it. probably that o-ring is messed up.

woodyzr2
03-14-2007, 06:57 PM
I just replaced the smallest o-ring on the shaft of the piston and put it back on...still gushing fluid...I have no idea :mad:

deathman53
03-14-2007, 07:08 PM
maybe the fluid is going past the o-ring due to worn piston. Whenever I rebuild calipers, they always get new pistons.

woodyzr2
03-14-2007, 07:13 PM
possibly...I'm gonna order new seals and o-rings from ServiceHonda tomorrow and see if that does the trick. I don't much care for the rear brake but it's nice to have sometimes. :)

JOEX
03-14-2007, 09:49 PM
possibly...I'm gonna order new seals and o-rings from ServiceHonda tomorrow and see if that does the trick. I don't much care for the rear brake but it's nice to have sometimes. :)
You may want to try C&D Racing if you're just buying the o-rings.

Service Honda has a MINIMUM $9.00 shipping charge above what the cost of parts are.

woodyzr2
03-15-2007, 02:16 AM
Really? Last time I ordered small parts from them they just threw em in an envelope and all I had to pay for was the stamp. They are in Indiana and I am in Michigan so it came quick. Who knows if that was a one time thing though :o

JOEX
03-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Really? Last time I ordered small parts from them they just threw em in an envelope and all I had to pay for was the stamp. They are in Indiana and I am in Michigan so it came quick. Who knows if that was a one time thing though :o
If you can get them that way then do it, it's tough to beat their prices on OEM parts:)