PDA

View Full Version : curtis sarks Throttle Position Sensor Bypass Plug– 04-07 Yamaha YFZ 450

zjmr51
03-14-2007, 05:13 PM
Throttle Position Sensor Bypass Plug– 04-07 Yamaha YFZ 450

the web site says:

The stock ignition system on the YFZ has a flaw and the Sparks TPS Bypass Plug will eliminate that problem. Off idle up through mid throttle the CDI transitions between maps based on information from the TPS. For some reason the bike doesn’t accelerate as smooth and hesitates as well as idles rough. The Sparks TPS plug solves all of these problems. Simple to install with no downsides. A MUST for all YFZ owners.

HAS ANYONE HAD THESE PROBS?
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS WILL FIX THE PROB?
OR IS IT EVEN WORTH THE MONEY? $20.00

please let me hear some feed back.... I THINKING ABOUT ORDERING ONE

teels
03-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Only $20, My bike is brand new and idles rough - I will purchase it if someone can answer if it is worth it!
Also the Yamaha dealer in Tulsa told me about disconnecting a grey wire from the wire loom. He said it has to do with the RPMs and tricking the bike! I looked for the wire and didn't see it? He said it would allow the bike to take off a lot better!

zjmr51
03-15-2007, 01:50 AM
i have not heard anything about cutting a wire in the harnes to solve any probs.... just putting some after market bok that plugs into harnes under the front hood/nose to help with the the charging system when not running head lights pluged in or not turned on?? i not for sure.. but i have heard plenty of people mention this...

they do have a bad prob with not wanting to stay charged... any simple fixes for this prob??

TWILES
03-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by teels
Only $20, My bike is brand new and idles rough - I will purchase it if someone can answer if it is worth it!
Also the Yamaha dealer in Tulsa told me about disconnecting a grey wire from the wire loom. He said it has to do with the RPMs and tricking the bike! I looked for the wire and didn't see it? He said it would allow the bike to take off a lot better!

I have never heard of the grey wire on the YFZ. There is one on the WR450's that changes the ignition mapping to YZ once cut but thats because the WR's come stock with a trotttle limiter that only lets it open half way. The YFZ's don't have that.

EchoRocket
03-16-2007, 01:09 PM
I would definitly buy the TPS plug from Sparks it helps the take off of the machine.
The grey peice you are talking about is the other end of the plug where the Throttle Position Sensor plugs into it is buy the frame rail, on the drivers side.
Let me know how it goes for you.

thanks