PDA

View Full Version : getting aarms off

81 clark racing
03-14-2007, 04:07 PM
im trying to get my stock 400ex aarms off but they wont come off. there all unbolted but its like seized to the spindale. i want to get them off to pc them so i dont want to damage them. any way to get them off ive tried using a punch and what not thanxs

jbm0121
03-14-2007, 04:27 PM
im not so sure about four wheelers but i now on cars and trucks you need a ball joint seperater(pickle fork, crows foot)

you can rent them at advance auto or autozone a whole kit for 80ish and then return it for a full return when your finished

250x_kyle
03-14-2007, 04:45 PM
yup pickle fork is needed. if u have a welder and a cutting torch u can make one

Rip_Tear
03-14-2007, 04:46 PM
First you can't PC the stock a-arms, the "plastic" bushing in the ball joint will melt and it will wear the ball joint out. So I hope your talking about the spindles.

Second, don't use a pickle for because it will reck your boots and possibly the aluminum hub.

Third, their not likely seized, they are tapered so it's a pressure fit.

What I do/did was put the king nuts back on just so they are treaded flush. Then get a nut and bolt, and some washers for spacers. Thread the nut and bolt together just to flush, they need to fit between the two king nuts. Use the washers as spacers if you need them. Once you have them set up, you start to undo the nut and bolt so they expand inbetween the two king nuts, and either the top or bottom will pop out, then just respace them or top or bottom. Sorry if thats confusing.

gmotox
03-14-2007, 06:21 PM
Hey thanks fo that tip!! I'll be removing mine also.

81 clark racing
03-14-2007, 08:21 PM
well now im putting everything back together cuz ive been told you cant pc them thanxs 4 the info just saved me sometime and i didnt no that.

03-15-2007, 09:04 AM
You can have them chromed.