PDA

View Full Version : need help on getting aarms off!!

81 clark racing
03-14-2007, 04:06 PM
im trying to get my stock 400ex aarms off but they wont come off. there all unbolted but its like seized to the spindale. i want to get them off to pc them so i dont want to damage them. any way to get them off ive tried using a punch and what not. thanxs

maxamillion
03-14-2007, 08:05 PM
First of all you can not powdercoat stock a-arms because they do not have removable ball joints. If the bolt is seized, grind the head of the bolt off with a die grinder and then punch it through the opposite way so you can get a better swing and make better contact. If that doesnt work, cut the bolt in half carefully between the outside of the a-arm and the inside of the frame mount. It worked for me. -Max

quader400
03-14-2007, 08:28 PM
just remembered someone told me when i was having the same problem. put the nuts back on and fit like a socket or something as filler to pry against. then loosen one of the nuts against eachother and the socket wich will in turn push eachother out one will pop and the other can be puched easily

416exriden
03-15-2007, 07:57 PM
i had the same problem just hit around the the spindle right wher the bolt go's threw with a hammer they should pop right off