PDA

View Full Version : 700R rear brake problem,,,,need some help!!

JeffRocknr
03-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Can anyone help me out with telling me the trick to getting the piston to go back in on the rear brake so i can replace the pads and get them back over the rotor. I have an 06 700 Raptor and i tried the to use a C clamp but with no luck. The guy at Yamaha told me it has to twist to get it to go back but that was about all he had to say and that i needed a special tool. He wan't very helpful and wanted me to bring it into there service shop which i really don't want to. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this problem. I need to get this fixed before this weekend. thanks

JeffRocknr
03-15-2007, 06:49 AM
Welp i went home last night and got it fixed. The guy at yamaha was right, the piston does twist in. I didn't have the correct "Yamaha" tool so i used a cold chisel which worked like a large srew driver and i fit right into the slots in the end of the piston and turned it. After putting the new pads on i had to bleed the brakes about 4 times then went and rode it a bit and had to come back and bleed them about 4 more times....final verdict,,,,, new brakes work great.

400EXTRA
03-15-2007, 03:37 PM
i know how you can fix the problem buy a HONDA!