PDA

View Full Version : X 360 ?

CaptainCanuck
03-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Is there anyway I can hook up my Xbox 360 to my computer (which has windows XP if that matters) so that I can transfer music, pictures, etc. to my hard drive on my 360? I read somewhere that you can do it with a wireless network adaptor but I dont wanna spend 100 bucks if I could do it with a USB cable. Does anyone know? Thanks

ilpadrino113
03-14-2007, 02:19 PM
you need a usb-usb cable

Kaleigh
03-14-2007, 02:24 PM
do you have a router.. i use my router.. hook them both up to it.. get windows media.. the newest one.. under library.. you will see shared files.. click that.. turn on file sharing.. turn the box on.. and it should be ready..

you have have to do wireless.. just use the ethernet cable and hook the box to the router.. you probably could just hook the ethernet from PC to box.. try that.. but if you want to play online.. i would use a router and hardwire it to the router..

Kaleigh
03-14-2007, 02:28 PM
oh yea.. movies have to be in WMV form.. you do you have Media Edition.. you can use media edition.. its better.. but reg XP works also..

you really dont need to transfer if you have it connected with the router.. you can just use the box to look in your computers doc folder so you dont have to use the HDD of your box..

if you just want to transfer stuff.. use a USB jumpdrive/thumbdrive or whatever everyone calls it.. i call it a usb key..

you dont need the wireless adapter.. if you router can be reached by cable..

sorry for rambling.. hope you get it working..

PunkA$$
03-14-2007, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Kaleigh
if you just want to transfer stuff.. use a USB jumpdrive/thumbdrive or whatever everyone calls it.. i call it a usb key..

In my experience this didn't work. The 360 can read off of a flash card but not copy from it.

To actually copy a file to the hard drive you have to burn the music to a disc first and use that....very time consuming. Your best bet is definitely plugging it into your router.

CaptainCanuck
03-14-2007, 04:17 PM
Thanks for the info but I dont have a router right now so that option is kind of out of the question. Would burning pictures on to a CD be transferable to the hard drive on my 360? I wouldnt mind doing that. Thanks.

PunkA$$
03-15-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by CaptainCanuck
Thanks for the info but I dont have a router right now so that option is kind of out of the question. Would burning pictures on to a CD be transferable to the hard drive on my 360? I wouldnt mind doing that. Thanks.

I'm pretty sure that would work. Your other option is to plug the camera directly into the 360.

Kaleigh
03-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Punk*****
In my experience this didn't work. The 360 can read off of a flash card but not copy from it.

To actually copy a file to the hard drive you have to burn the music to a disc first and use that....very time consuming. Your best bet is definitely plugging it into your router.

i think you're right on that.. i have not yet done it.. but i know you can plug your PSP into it and view whatever you have on there on your xbox but cannot copy it.. I have never tried to copy anything to my xbox yet.. i only use what is on my Laptop..