PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question

rooster_20
03-14-2007, 11:45 AM
Quick question, I broke my teeth off my old sprocket and Im gonna put the new one on today but does the flat side go against the motor, or the side that says JT on it with the ridge and sprocket numbers? Also do I have to have that clip that goes on the end of the motor shaft thing that holds the sprocket on thanks!

premiumtommy
03-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by rooster_20
Quick question, I broke my teeth off my old sprocket and Im gonna put the new one on today but does the flat side go against the motor, or the side that says JT on it with the ridge and sprocket numbers? Also do I have to have that clip that goes on the end of the motor shaft thing that holds the sprocket on thanks!

the flat side against the motor so you can read the important information.

do you think you need to have the clip that goes on the end of the motor shaft thing that holds the sprocket on?:rolleyes:

I thought so :D

rooster_20
03-14-2007, 12:06 PM
Thanks yea I thought that clip would be pretty important haha

rooster_20
03-14-2007, 12:25 PM
No its a JT sprocket and I put it on with the numbers facing the motor because I looked on the stock one and it said back on that side but there is some slack when I tightened it down all the way is that normal? I mean I can move it a little with my hand and I was just wonderin.

FreekShow
03-14-2007, 01:17 PM
There should be some play in the sprocket but very little.

Scott-300ex
03-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Look at it and put it on like you took the old one off.