PDA

View Full Version : 440 kit strving for fuel

ridered666
03-14-2007, 09:13 AM
just put a 440 kit to see if it ran i cranked for just a second w/ the stock jets in it of course it ran lean. what jets are yall runnin and needles or just give me the stock size and ill go from there
thanks

drzoo2
03-14-2007, 11:51 AM
While I know I'm not answering your question directly, the single biggest mod on a big bore is a larger carb. Most guys go with an 39mm FCR off a stock R. We over at central are working on using an HS40 Mikuni. These are a lot cheaper and still have an accelerator pump. Plus it uses stock jets and choke. Just a though. You can find them at swap meets. They were originally off stock Harley pans. I going this weekend and going to try to get my hands on a few more.

z

rockman
03-14-2007, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by drzoo2
While I know I'm not answering your question directly, the single biggest mod on a big bore is a larger carb. Most guys go with an 39mm FCR off a stock R. We over at central are working on using an HS40 Mikuni. These are a lot cheaper and still have an accelerator pump. Plus it uses stock jets and choke. Just a though. You can find them at swap meets. They were originally off stock Harley pans. I going this weekend and going to try to get my hands on a few more.

z Let me know if you come across more than one. I was just getting ready to go with the 39 fcr. Haven't been on central for a while but the mikuni sounds like a good alternative. Let me know how it turns out!

drzoo2
03-14-2007, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by rockman
Let me know if you come across more than one. I was just getting ready to go with the 39 fcr. Haven't been on central for a while but the mikuni sounds like a good alternative. Let me know how it turns out!

What happend over there? Still working out the bugs. I know of one guy running one and another I sent one to that will be putting it on. I have a stock bore myself and will be trying it out in a littl while. Let you know what I found.

z

ridered666
03-15-2007, 09:18 AM
this aint my bike its a friend of mine, and he dont got alot to be sinking in to this turd thats why i just wanted to put some bigger jets in it, that idea does sound great but a little too costly for him maybe, but i dunno how much it'd run. but thanks anyway

ZSNOW
03-15-2007, 09:35 AM
try goin like 1 up from stock...sorry i don't know what stock is but if its a athena u could try 1 up from stock or a 450r carb

z400roosteR
03-20-2007, 04:05 PM
First off does he have exhaust and intake?
If so, grab some mikuni small round main jets size 155, 157.5, and 160.5 and see how those work for you!