PDA

View Full Version : No Spark

etondaddy
03-14-2007, 08:58 AM
OK I got the front end of Kyle’s quad set now I go to start it and no spark……… this 90 had no ignition on it at all when I got it. It now has a new e-ton stator used flywheel (ebay) new CDI (ebay) new coil (Dennis Kirk). The wiring is right. When I had the plug out and in the boot having Kyle kick it for the hell of it I stuck my finger in the spark plug hole to kinda see what kind of compression it had and got my butt shocked. I’m taking it to mx423 dad’s house tonight to throw some parts at it from his boy’s e-ton and hope to find the problem. I’m ready to call Kool Kidz and get a PVL. Can anyone help me this thing is starting to get to me? I did the toss and turn thing dreaming all that dumb stuff about it last night. LOL Kinda like the carp on the river bank flop around thing. Kevin was telling me this morning about some sort of gasket or spacer that gos between the the stator and the block maybe it’s grounding out the stator but what happens when you but the bolts ……… no clue HELP

markvette
03-14-2007, 09:26 AM
the black gasket would not cause this. we trash them on all race motors. are you saying when you put your finger in the plug hole you got shocked from the motor. check all your grounds. if i remember right you just powder coated the frame. make sure where your grounds bolt on the frame you cleaned the powder coating off and have a good contact to bare metal.

Mark

etondaddy
03-14-2007, 12:22 PM
I cleaned the powder coating off where the coil and my ground wires go (before I started) and ran a jumper ground wire from the coil to my ground screw also. I ran a ground wire from the engine to the ground screw on the frame last night and that didn’t help. No clue. On my ground screw I have the jumper from the coil, the kill switch ground and the solid black wire from the CDI. Then last night I ran a wire with alligator clips from the motor to the frame to try it and still nothing. As I said before. NO CLUE

markvette
03-14-2007, 12:46 PM
have you stripped all the wireing off the quad and just have the coil, cdi, stator and tether kill switch left. if so there is a black wire from the stator that needs to be grounded.

Mark

etondaddy
03-15-2007, 01:22 PM
It was the CDI it’s laying in mxdad423’s yard somewhere and also the engine ground…….. This is our 3rd year with out the stock wiring harness and never put a wire on the engine, Kevin doesn’t have a wire on either of his and I still got a beep with a continuity meter, but mine for some reason gave me a ohm reading. So I put one on and it’s fine Thanks for all the help I hope he runs that dam CDI over with the lawn mower.