PDA

View Full Version : Cycletrader seller scam

Racing Rice
03-14-2007, 07:59 AM
Okay, I've been trying to sell my Raptor. I have it listed in Cycletrader and I got this email the other day. I was thinking that I had a lead on a sale, but today I learned that someone was trying to scam me. So, here are the emails that I received.

1st Email: pastor_mikewood02@yahoo.com

YEAR: 2005
MAKE NAME: Yamaha
MODEL NAME: YFM660R RAPTOR
VIEW AD: http://adcache.atvtraderonline.com/16/1/3/87914913.htm
PRICE: 5800

DESCRIPTION: 2005 Yamaha YFM660R RAPTOR +2 HDUSA arms, Hiper whls, Elka rear shock, Fox Float front shocks, stock motor, Trail Tech Fatbar kit, Kenda Klaw wheels, braided front brake lines, GYTR CF hood, AC Pro bu
SENDER'S NAME: mike wood
SENDER'S MESSAGE: Hello, I am interested in buying your bike.Get back to me if is still available for sale. Regards.

2nd Email:

Hello,
Please I have some questions I want to ask regarding your bike:
1)
Are you the first Owner?
2)
Do you have the Title Papers?
3)
Are you a private saller or dealer?
4)
Finally At what price are you willing to sell this
bike to Us ...Bottom price
Regards.

3rd Email:

Thanks for your response. I'm happy to inform you that I have concluded with my uncle (client) Pastor Silas Manny and he has asked me to proceed with the transaction.However,
My client made out a certified cashiers check of($8,400) which now covers the whole expenses of the purchase of your bike, tax ,pickup of the bike from it location and shipping charges or any shipping arrangements.
He also told me that he will be traveling to the POLAND today for an important Evangelical conffrence.when you receive check payment, you are expected to deduct the cost of your bike which is ($5,400) and send the remaining balance of ($4,000) to the agent ( shipper) for him to be able to offset shipping & tax charges. After payment has reached you and balance sent to shipper, the shipper's agent will come for inspection, pick up (of bike & signing of title papers) and drive to a prepaid shipper to be shipped to my uncle(client) and also conclude other necessary shipping arrangements. so you dont have to bother yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements.
Please confirm the above and provide your payment information for your payment to be delivered to you via courier service.
Please provide the following:
1-LEGAL NAME IN FULL..............
2.CONTACT ADDRESS.....................
3.PHONE NUMBER(S)...........................
I will be expecting your mail with full payment information so that we can proceed.
Thanks And God Bless,

Needless to say, by the second email I was beginning to get the feeling that this was a scam. By the third email it was confirmed. Feel free to email the douche bag and threaten his scamming ***. :lol: :thumbsup:

If you ever try to sell your quad and you get emails that seem suspicious.. Use your judgement.

400exrider707
03-14-2007, 08:12 AM
my name is mike wood haha:p

Racing Rice
03-14-2007, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
my name is mike wood haha:p

Are you the pastor that is trying to scam me?! :devil: