PDA

View Full Version : Honda Red Powdercoat

Lethalhonda2
03-14-2007, 03:05 AM
Hey Pappy,
What brand powder and item # is closest to the Honda Frame paint? I've been trying to locate some but with no luck.Plus looking at pictures its hard to tell if the powder would match up to the stock color. Thanks,
Brian

Pappy
03-14-2007, 03:17 AM
the silver color?

Pappy
03-14-2007, 03:20 AM
Ok, I read the thread title and see you want a red, ike for older hondas?

Tiger dry Lac is who I buy it from, and its named " Bengal Red" . A few other suppliers have reds that are really close, such as Rohm haus with their Baron red

Pappy
03-14-2007, 03:24 AM
The bad part with the color red and pictures is that film and digital cameras tend to over enhance the red pigment. this is the same red as above without the flash or lighting etc.

Lethalhonda2
03-15-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks Pappy, I'm just looking for a bright red and I dont want to end up with something different because of a picture.The Honda red just seemed to be the closest to what I was looking for so thats why I said that.Thanks for the help..... Brian

exrider44
03-15-2007, 07:21 PM
Brian take a look at the post under my name in here, Pappy just hooked it up the red is close to the plastics. I dont think you can match that red perfect but its darn close.

Doug

Lethalhonda2
03-16-2007, 07:43 AM
Doug the red looks great!Do you know if Pappy used the Bengal Red? If not what did he use? Otherwise I think I'm sold on it... Thanks,
Brian

exrider44
03-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Actually I am not sure but it looks great in person. Shoot him a pm I am sure he will tell you. I asked for the same thing I wanted the red to be closest to Honda's red. He does great work. I am very happy with all my parts.