PDA

View Full Version : Adding top end

coopz400
03-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Question for anyone with an half way educated oppinion.... i have a 06' suzuki ltz400 right now i have rejeted the carb, k&n filter, complete fmf pipe and header, dyna fs cdi box. When i added the cdi box it made an unbeleivable difference i can even smoke my buddies honda 450r and he has it modifide!:devil: so that gives me good bragging rights if you ask me but it seems like i get to top end fast as hell but then there is no more. I have thought about changing out the sprockets and adding a tooth or two on the rear for more top end. Good idea??:confused: Just looking for some oppinions on this and maybe any other good ideas to help me out. thanks

300exguy125
03-14-2007, 12:57 PM
adding teeth to the rear sprokett will give you more low end torque and you will get up to speed faster but top speed will decrease. adding teeth to the front will make you go faster but make you get up to speed slower so if you top out to quickly get a front sprokett with a tooth bigger or two and if you want o go even faster you can drop some teeth in the rear. but what i think that you are doing is beating your friend because of acceleration but he would after you top out fly past you . you just need a longer strip to race.

400exrider707
03-14-2007, 01:00 PM
cams... the hotcams for the Z's make them scream... We had an 03 Z with 13.5:1 piston, hotcams, full hmf exhaust, pro-design intake, and it was bored slightly over to like a 406 or something, and it still wouldn't touch a modded 450, might have kept up with a stocker but thats about it, it sure was fast maching though and was very smooth and predictable.:o

coopz400
03-14-2007, 03:23 PM
yea your right if we did have a bit longer raceway im positive he would beat me... thats why i like to keep it short lol... thanks for the advice guys