PDA

View Full Version : mikuni and keihin jets

SET THE STAGE
03-13-2007, 09:55 PM
not sure if this really fits this section, but oh well

so i had my mom go to the dealer today to get me a few new jets for my 200x trike that uses a 28mm(i think) keihin carb. it had a size 112 in it. i told her to buy me a 120 and 125 for the pipe i have on it. i even gave her the jet and wrote down what to get including the carb brand. well when she came home, she handed me 2 jets that were about a quarter of an inch SHORTER than my original one. they had smaller holes (it seems like atleast. they're really small so it's hard to judge the differences) but they seemed smaller and they look like the ones that i used in my blaster which used a 28mm mikuni carb. also, mikunis use difference numbers for their sizes than keihin does.

think it's possible they gave me the wrong brand jets? i want to ask here and go to a more aftermarket oriented shop tomorrow before i install them so i can maybe get my money back. they just don't look right.

GPracer2500
03-13-2007, 10:12 PM
It's certainly possible they gave her the wrong jets. Is your 112 the original jet? If it's a Dynojet brand jet it may not look the same as the originals and may use a jet adapter.

SET THE STAGE
03-13-2007, 10:26 PM
the original is for a keihin carb. it has the little k logo on it and everything. it's not stock so i know they have other sizes that are like that. stock jet size is 100 for the 200x.

the idiots probably gave me the wrong one even though we SHOWED THEM what it should look like. :rolleyes:

GPracer2500
03-13-2007, 10:51 PM
Sounds like they gave ya the wrong ones. sucks

underpowered
03-13-2007, 11:36 PM
try screwing one in, most likely it is the wrong jet though. mikuni and kehin use different threads so if it is wrong, it will not even screw in.