PDA

View Full Version : custom seat cover help

stever250r
03-13-2007, 09:04 PM
I am trying to find somewhere that can make a custom designed seat for my project. I can not find any that I really like online so I have drawn my own design and color scheme but I do not know where to go to see if I can have it made.

I have checked with several, but everyone says they have to use their own patterns. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If I take my drawing with my old cover and seat to an upholstery shop, can they order the special material and colors and make the seat cover? If so, Im thinking it would cost a fortune. Has anyone tried this before??

I need help. I dont want to settle for something I really dislike.

MMMSpeed
03-13-2007, 09:22 PM
the upholstery shop would be ur best bet ... unless you search long and hard on the easter net .... they can do a lot of crazy things i got some covers for my old jeep and they werent to bad like 150 a piece i think ....had my club emblem stitched in em ...hope this helps

250Renvy
03-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Post some details of the seat cover design or your sketch and what kind of materials.

Many upholstery places only have a certain selection from which their suppliers have, so if you want something specific you my have to bring the material to them. But otherwise they should be able to make it.

xlr810
03-13-2007, 11:26 PM
try Jeff Graves. He's a member on here and has been making stuff for pros for years-- all he does is custom.

x.system
03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
http://www.cosmicquads.com/4436.html

Try this site, they will do your seat just how you want it. I've had a few seats done and the quality and customer service is second to none.

trx250r180
03-15-2007, 12:18 AM
yeah try Jeff Graves,he can build any patern you can think up,he rides mx with me www.gravesmotorsports.com ,his site is couple years old but some good ideas on some sample pics,has a vinyl for top that looks like stock but real grippy,and can add custom logos for sponsors

HondaATC500X
03-15-2007, 06:57 AM
+2 for Cosmic Quads. Have 2 seats done by them and they both came out awesome. Extremely reasonable price wise too.

86 Quad R
03-15-2007, 08:11 AM
ya cant find a local upholstery shop that can do it?

450ERRRRRR!
03-15-2007, 08:41 AM
Same question here. Should I just get a Quad Tech Hump seat for $170 or do you guys think a local upholstery shop could make me a more comfortable seat for less money???

x.system
03-15-2007, 09:10 AM
I've went the upholstery shop route before, just to have them install a aftermarket seat cover and it came out looking like crap. Send it to someone who knows how to work with seats.

86 Quad R
03-15-2007, 09:13 AM
thats just it. you'll need to find an upholstery shop that deals with seats. lots of times ya can find those type just by dropping in at your local cycle parts/shops.