PDA

View Full Version : Found a Pearl

JJs450r
03-13-2007, 08:20 PM
well we were eating oysters the other day and i bit into a bb sized white pearl any clue if its worth any thing :) wish it was a black peaerl about the size marble

troutman561
03-13-2007, 08:42 PM
ye better watch out for thee black pearl, they be cursed....

MX MaNiAc 06
03-13-2007, 09:15 PM
It would probly be worth a good bit if u sued the place u were eating at. Say u choked on it.

4trax250x81
03-13-2007, 09:26 PM
The first thing that came to my mind was: "she wore a pearl necklace." :o ;) ;)

honda4life72
03-13-2007, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
It would probly be worth a good bit if u sued the place u were eating at. Say u choked on it. whys everybody have to sue these days?

MX MaNiAc 06
03-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
whys everybody have to sue these days?

If u got the chance to sue a restauraunt for choking on something im sure u wouldnt pass up the offer.

4trax250x81
03-13-2007, 09:34 PM
If u got the chance to sue a restauraunt for choking on something im sure u wouldnt pass up the offer.

Careful, the coffee is hot!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

MX MaNiAc 06
03-13-2007, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by 4trax250x81
Careful, the coffee is hot!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I said it as a joke at first. I said it the second time to piss u off.

54warrior
03-13-2007, 09:38 PM

That attitude right there is part of what is wrong with America these days. Everyone wants the easy way out. They don't want to earn their money, instead they'd rather ruin someone else's life and take money they don't have anyway. People have lost sight of the fact that ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN.

MX MaNiAc, disappointed in that response, especially from a fellow western Pennsylvanian. I see your from Harrisville, I'm sure then that you've been to Goat Ropers a time or two????

MX MaNiAc 06
03-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
That attitude right there is part of what is wrong with America these days. Everyone wants the easy way out. They don't want to earn their money, instead they'd rather ruin someone else's life and take money they don't have anyway. People have lost sight of the fact that ACCIDENTS DO HAPPEN.

MX MaNiAc, disappointed in that response, especially from a fellow western Pennsylvanian. I see your from Harrisville, I'm sure then that you've been to Goat Ropers a time or two????

America also needs to lighten up and take a joke these days.

Yes, unfortanately i have been to Ghost Riders a couple times. Not by choice though...

54warrior
03-13-2007, 09:54 PM
Not by choice though...

Yeah Right!!! I havn't been there in a couple years, I'm sure it hasn't changed has it?

Do you race at Switchback?

MX MaNiAc 06
03-13-2007, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by 54warrior
Yeah Right!!! I havn't been there in a couple years, I'm sure it hasn't changed has it?

Do you race at Switchback?

I havent gone for a few years. I try to avoid it. I used to have to go with my parents when i was younger because i couldnt be home alone. But im sure it hasnt changed. Still a bunch of drunk rednecks riding the mechanical bull and doing goofy hick dances.

I rode at switchback 2 years ago and a dirtbike landed on my leg and broke it. Because the flaggers thought they would go sit on the bleachers cuz the track is closing in 15 minutes.. I havent been back since and may never return.

<DRS>GPF
03-14-2007, 06:03 AM

I rode at switchback 2 years ago and a dirtbike landed on my leg and broke it. Because the flaggers thought they would go sit on the bleachers cuz the track is closing in 15 minutes.. I havent been back since and may never return.

you shouldve sued them...:blah:

FreekShow
03-14-2007, 06:05 AM
lmao

FourFiftyFour
03-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF

:D :D that was great haha

and America is too sue happy these days... I understand that sometimes you need to get a lawyer involved. But this lady once had cut me off on a feeder (frontage road) road in front of a red light and stopped in the middle of two lanes. Well I couldnt stop in time and I couldnt slam on my brakes and lock them up because there were people ALL around me and I would have slid into them if I would have done that... I hit the back of her car going probably about 5 miles an hour...It dented my bumper and that was it. Her car was older and some of the body had cracked...she tried to sue me for over $50,000 for pain and suffering and mental anguish.....it was totally ridiculous. I would understand if she sued for a much worse wreck but it wasnt close to anything where anyone was hurt. Now I got rear ended a year ago and it was a lot worse and I ended up getting my quad totalled.... the insurance wants to only give me like $2300 to replace the damage done on it...when I had given them quotes at $7900 to fix it. I am getting a lawyer involved now because that is too big of a money difference and I have lost a lot of money. I would not have ever thought of getting a lawyer involved until then and my back has been hurting badly ever since the accident and I wasnt going to do anything about it until they wont give me even close to the amount I need to fix my truck and the quad.

Villageidiott23
03-14-2007, 12:42 PM
yeah whats with america these days. what happen to the good ole days where you just punched somebody in the face. or dropkick them in the stomach. now everyones sue happy. id rather get hit anytime. hey id let you do it for free.

MX MaNiAc 06
03-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF

lol ok.. ok u got me. We could of though. My uncles a lawyer and said we had every right. But we didnt for the same reason that all of u are saying. Im just not going to go there again its not a safe place.

03-14-2007, 03:16 PM
whys everybody have to sue these days?

because if you do not sue, why would anyone correct something they're doing wrong? personally though in this instance it's not needed....

honda4life72
03-14-2007, 03:24 PM
but if you choked on a pearl...and lived who cares? its a accident.....grow up a bit

03-14-2007, 08:10 PM
but if you choked on a pearl...and lived who cares? its a accident.....grow up a bit

uuuhhhhh, maybe you should read my whole post before chiming in with your response.....:rolleyes:

and living has nothing to do it....how about if it was your 4 yr old, and they did choke...and then had brain damage from lack of oxygen....do you sue then? and if you don't why would the restaurant change? i.e. buy oysters from different vender, maybe check them (the oysters) better....like i said if people/companies are not sued, why would they ever change bad habits?

honda4life72
03-14-2007, 08:17 PM
now your talkin about a whole new situation......in that case yea sue but not in this case...... i'm talkin like abotu stupid crap like he hit me and my lip hurts kinda stuff to sue over

troutman561
03-15-2007, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by dlerch
uuuhhhhh, maybe you should read my whole post before chiming in with your response.....:rolleyes:

and living has nothing to do it....how about if it was your 4 yr old, and they did choke...and then had brain damage from lack of oxygen....do you sue then? and if you don't why would the restaurant change? i.e. buy oysters from different vender, maybe check them (the oysters) better....like i said if people/companies are not sued, why would they ever change bad habits?

Dont feed your 4 year old oysters in the first place, problem solved, to much bacteria for them anyways, but then again I guess you could sue the ocean for that one...:macho

Bubba
03-15-2007, 07:33 AM
This post kind of went off topic. I think its awesome you found a pearl, i mean whats the chances of that happening? Not sure if its worth anything. I remember when i was little i would always go down to the creek behind my house and break oysters of the pilings and such and crack them open hoping to find pearls, but never had luck.

03-15-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
Dont feed your 4 year old oysters in the first place, problem solved, to much bacteria for them anyways, but then again I guess you could sue the ocean for that one...:macho

you obviosly had the point go over your head...and sorry i don't have time to explain it to ya....:rolleyes:

troutman561
03-15-2007, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by dlerch
you obviosly had the point go over your head...and sorry i don't have time to explain it to ya....:rolleyes:

Well my the intent of my post was not to be serious, which went over your head, i forgot to put the "i was being sarcastic" disclaimer as i did earlier in this thread, oh well....