PDA

View Full Version : Air filter

riding4fun
03-13-2007, 07:21 PM
Good evening everybody,

I have the 2007 DRX 2 90. It has the 24mm OKO carb. Here's the problem. I took the clip of the CDI box and it didn't change a thing, performance wise.

I called Lou at DRR today and he told me that my edition was the early one with the new carb. He advised me to cut as much from the air filter (the black cone casing) as possible. Now I did this and presto instant power. But now I have a pretty much destroyed casing that looks terrible. and will probably not stay on.

Does DRR have the right air filter for this if not what make and model air filter would work best with my stock setup.

Thanks,

Darrell

bulldogfallon
03-14-2007, 05:34 AM
UNI FILTER 2-STAGE
UP4200ST (24mm Carb) MSRP $21.95

Their is also a K&N filter type you mount directly to the carb.

The black cone casing is actually made of 3 pcs

The outer shell comes off and there is an outer and inner cage left.

forgiven
03-14-2007, 04:06 PM
I don't think I know exactly what you are talking about with the casing. Could we see some pics?

Did DRR say they would do anything for you? Are you talking about giving it MORE airflow?

bulldogfallon
03-14-2007, 05:23 PM
Take the filter casing off and remove the air filter....There is a cage inside the filter....then look back inside the case and you will see another cage...attached to the cover

Separate the case and the cage attached to it......

I didn't know this until someone pointed it out to me.

bulldogfallon
03-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by forgiven
I don't think I know exactly what you are talking about with the casing. Could we see some pics?

Did DRR say they would do anything for you? Are you talking about giving it MORE airflow?

More airflow is the result by reducing the outercase covering the filter..

You may need to rejet....

Getting a Uni Filter provides a better seal in my experience....Jusr watch out that you don't tighten the clamp too much because it can cause the boot to tear when it is bounced around too much.

forgiven
03-14-2007, 06:11 PM
Would this intake work?

http://www.hetrickracing.com/05-17-05%20002.jpg

bulldogfallon
03-14-2007, 06:33 PM
That is a much nicer version of what the DRR comes with...

Similar concept at least...Air filter up and out of the way.

I run the filter right on the carb on the 50....

The 90s may be able to pull the air from the intake tube better than the 50s.

forgiven
03-14-2007, 07:06 PM
I actually have that...just wondered if it was worth putting on the DRR when I get one.

Do you think I would have to rejet by doing that?

bulldogfallon
03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
You may have to rejet depending upon how your DRX is delivered..

It never hurts to try different jettings set ups to see what you can get out of your quad.

I think the 90s may be coming with the bigger carbs std ( 24mm instead of the 16mm) and will be too restricetd with the stock mud cover...

Give it a try and let us know......I am sure that it would be helpful info for everyone.

forgiven
03-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Will do...haven't actually ordered the DRR yet. I will need it before May 15th but still trying to find the best person to order it from etc.

I also got these...

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-37911B/AC_Racing_Blowouts__Pro_Peg_Nerf_Bar_for_Kasea_90_ .html

I figured 135 shipped is an absolute steal! If I get the DRR they will work or if I put them on the predator they will work.

forgiven
03-15-2007, 02:24 PM
Additionally what is the stock jet in the OKO 24 and where can I get other OKO jets?

HH8
04-12-2007, 07:05 PM
Forgiven
how did the hetrick airbox work for you?

bulldogfallon
04-12-2007, 07:24 PM
Additionally what is the stock jet in the OKO 24 and where can I get other OKO jets?

They are Keihin style jets....107 I believe is the stock main jet

The quads are shipped a little rich to keep the masses from blowing them up...

Tweak the jetting to you area and your off to the races

There is an unlimited rev that gives you more RPMs that the stock CDI with the clip removed....

bulldogfallon
04-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Will do...haven't actually ordered the DRR yet. I will need it before May 15th but still trying to find the best person to order it from etc.

I also got these...

http://www.ridegear.com/rg/item/F-37911B/AC_Racing_Blowouts__Pro_Peg_Nerf_Bar_for_Kasea_90_ .html

I figured 135 shipped is an absolute steal! If I get the DRR they will work or if I put them on the predator they will work.

ECMINI has them in stock and are great people....Always there to help and they know their stuff

I think they even have a white DRX90....

ecmini1
04-12-2007, 08:23 PM
If I read the add correct they are for a 450r if thats so they wont fit they will be 2 big.

forgiven
04-12-2007, 11:24 PM
it changed...I got the right ones