PDA

View Full Version : Mod Info

miami305
03-13-2007, 08:14 AM
OK I HAVE A 07 YFZ450 AND MY FRIEND HAS AN 05 45OR NOW HE HAS AN HRC KIT ON HIS AND PIPE. I RUNNING STOCK. I CANT SEEM TO BEAT HIM WAT MOD OR MODS CAN I DO SO I CAN TAKE HIM PLEASE HELP THANX

nicker71
03-13-2007, 11:21 AM
open air box lid w/ proper jetting and a pipe would be the first thing to do. If yours is fully sock that will make a big difference.

250r4life
03-13-2007, 11:55 AM
if you get a pro design K&N, take you air box lid off, and remove the baffle from your silencer, it will be a night and day difference...

you will likely want to go up on your jetting though...

miami305
03-13-2007, 12:35 PM
i am a newbie wats the baffle and how do i change the jetting plz help thanx

trxsandman
03-13-2007, 12:59 PM
If you've never worked on a bike or a carb to be exact find someone who has or take it in. I'm sure a lot of guys here make it sound simple, but I would advise you to take to bike in to have it rejetted. The baffle is baiscally your spark arrestor. I think its held in by three hex bolts at the end of you exhaust. Just loosen the bolts and it will slide right out. You can always put it back in if needed. I wouldn't remove the air box lid unless the carb gets rejetted. There is a pretty big chance that the bike will run leaner than normal if you chose to remove the airbox lid. Jetting will solve that problem by allowing more fuel to flow...

miami305
03-13-2007, 01:02 PM
trxsandman wat do u recomend me first then wen i get my biggun x pipe cause the most i will do is the pipe can u help thanx

trxsandman
03-13-2007, 01:12 PM
If your buying a aftermarket pipe you will definetly need to rejet the carb. Another idea to keep in mind to accommodate the new exhaust is some type of high flow air filter. I would say if you ride in dirt/dusty areas to go with a UNI foam filter. Its better at keeping the dust and smaller stuff out. If you ride in sand or non dusty area's the go with a K&N type air filter with a pre filter. Think of it this way. With aftermarket exhaust the air will be escaping more rapidly so you want to counter that by allowing more air into the bike at the same time...

If I was you I would buy the pipe, air filter, and jet kit. Once I had all three in hand then I would have them all installed at once.

miami305
03-13-2007, 01:27 PM
i will be doing alot of trails and street. wanted to know wat pipe air filter and jet kit u recommend for me thanx or wat would anybody recomend

trxsandman
03-13-2007, 02:44 PM
If your objective is to give the TRX450R a fit then I would reccomend a good all around pipe like HMF. Also if there is no dust where your riding go with a Pro Design K&N filter kit or Velocity Racing... Make sure to pull a prefilter over the air filter though. I'm pretty sure that with a HMF pipe, High Flow filter (K&N), and the right jetting you should pump out 47-48 HP. Its gonna make a huge difference from what your use to right now. Power will come on smoother and it will take a lot of the jerkyness out of the bike... Just remember its your bike and you can do whatever you want.

miami305
03-13-2007, 04:12 PM
WAT DO MEAN BY PULLING A PREFILTER OVER THE AIR FILTER? HOW DO I KNOW WAT THE JETTING SHOULD BE?

miami305
03-13-2007, 04:23 PM
AND WAT HMF PIPE DO I NEED TO GET A FULL OR S/O? PLZ HELP

trxsandman
03-13-2007, 05:56 PM
Both the slip-on or the full system will be suitable for the type of riding your doing. The pre filter is just a nylon cover that will cover the air filter. If you buy a pro design K&N kit it will come with it. As far as jetting goes some manufatures will provide the jets with the pipe and sometimes you have to buy a jet kit. You could buy a dyno jet kit, GYTR jet kit, or any of the others out there. The cool thing about getting the kit is it will give you a wide variety of jets to choose from to better suit you along with a detailed description on how and what to install based on your Mods elevation and stuff like that.

miami305
03-14-2007, 07:47 AM
COOL MAN THANX ALOT FOR UR HELP AND I HOPE LATER U CAN HELP ME OUT WITH ANY QUESTIONS THANX AGAIN