PDA

View Full Version : Here is my New KFX450

FUELATV
03-13-2007, 12:32 AM
I will be developing parts for it starting this week. Here are some shots of it while its still stock........until tomorrow. We will have Graphics kits, seat covers, bumpers Long Travel, Standard travel and xc a-arms very soon.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/FUELATV2005/KFX450STOCK003.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/FUELATV2005/KFX450STOCK001.jpg
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d169/FUELATV2005/KFX450STOCK004.jpg

banshee84
03-13-2007, 12:40 AM
I think you are the 1st one on here with 1.

feature05
03-13-2007, 11:25 AM
Very nice. I hope I get mine next week. Did you already ride it? What do you think?

jmoney45
03-13-2007, 12:10 PM
Looks sweet. And please give a ride report when you get some seat time on it.

EvilEwok
03-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Fuel you guys are the best, no playing around.

400exmatt
03-13-2007, 12:43 PM
that thing is nicceeee

FUELATV
03-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by EvilEwok
Fuel you guys are the best, no playing around.

Thanks ...... we try out best. I rode the bike up and down the block a few times. I like the seating position. It is low and feels good. The bike looks taller in the photos then it really is. The power seems ok for stock. It is really corked up. i am sure with the big 3 ..... pipe, Power commander and intake the bike will rip. I will be taking it to glamis next weekend to ride it stock before throwing on +2 a-arms and shocks.

400exrider707
03-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Im diggin the all black.... looks sick....

snox31
03-13-2007, 06:01 PM
damn seeing a all black one is going to cost me more money,i am thinking i need one of those,that thing looks sick,nice buy

EvilEwok
03-13-2007, 06:21 PM
I think I'm going to try and get one this summer with a loan or some other devilry. How does the seating position feel compared to the ltr? Also, the response of the throttle compared.

quads14589
03-13-2007, 06:31 PM
just wondering becuase i am going to be buying a 450 soon, how much did you get it for? sweet quad man!

EvilEwok
03-13-2007, 06:37 PM
Price online is 72-7300. Doubt the dealer will knock anything off right now, he can tell you better than I can though.

czrider263
03-13-2007, 06:39 PM
Yeah really looks sharp.

quads14589
03-13-2007, 06:39 PM
there is only 1 for sale on ebay

EvilEwok
03-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Didn't mean literally.....online...I meant on the website. MSRP?

feature05
03-14-2007, 12:31 AM
There are two on ebay right now. Just type in 2008 kawasaki and two of them should come up. One is a green and the other is white. The green is actually a really great deal.

strubby
03-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Good call removing the factory graphics, looks awesome blacked out. Can't wait to see what kits you come up with. Looking forward to the ride report for sure.

Trx250rider86
03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
fuel what would you recommend for mx the ltr or kfx

FUELATV
03-15-2007, 12:58 AM
LOL ..... i have not been on the KFX except up and down the block. IMO if you want a bike that works good right out of the box and dont plan on putting alot of money into it go with the LTR. The KFX has VERY good geometry, but it will need front shocks and a-arms. The LTR will work good with just revalving the stock shocks. I think the KFX could be the best 450 out, but not in stock form. I will know more in the next few weeks.

Indy
03-16-2007, 06:10 PM
nice looking bike

xraven35
03-16-2007, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by FUELATV
LOL ..... i have not been on the KFX except up and down the block. IMO if you want a bike that works good right out of the box and dont plan on putting alot of money into it go with the LTR. The KFX has VERY good geometry, but it will need front shocks and a-arms. The LTR will work good with just revalving the stock shocks. I think the KFX could be the best 450 out, but not in stock form. I will know more in the next few weeks.

I think it depends on what you're going to do w/ it. For woods racing im sure its good out 'somewhat' of the box but not MX!!

yamadjs08
03-17-2007, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by xraven35
I think it depends on what you're going to do w/ it. For woods racing im sure its good out 'somewhat' of the box but not MX!! I'm pretty sure you will be hearing otherwise soon... :devil: From a quick review that I recently read, most of you nay sayers will be in for a suprise... Expect a full review very soon, I can't wait for it!:D

greyyfz450
03-17-2007, 03:44 PM
will it out run a yfz?????????

norton
03-18-2007, 11:57 AM
i just want to say to everyone that thought the kfx450 is just a yfz look alike, you are possibly retarded because i went to see this thing and see how it handled it was making me dizzy how great it was..... i could see the similarities in the rear as the tecate.
it curves up and the swingarm is short, it makes you think 2stroke quad. i think its in a whole class of its own but i wa confused when i saw the coolent jug positioned right in front of the radiator

soilworker
03-19-2007, 10:52 PM
For those that are putting down the KFX, I personally rode the thing for about 7hrs at the press conference and probably 4-5hrs on an MX track on one. Take this coming from an A class and Pro-am rider; if you put this quad down, you need to grow up and ride for yourself.

There is a quick review on C'DaleRiders.com in the open section entitled "KFX450R". If you're a good rider then you can push the machine farther than any previous Japanese quad to hit the market. The best handling, best braking, 2-stroke like power delivery, and the most nimble machine to hit the market yet; also at 364lbs ready to ride full of gas and well below 350 dry.

If you put it down then like I said, grow up and learn to ride. If you actually are a good rider then ride the quad somewhere on a track for a little while. And give it more than 1 lap. It took me about 10 laps before it really started to shine for me. The other manufacturers have something they need to shoot for now. The KFX's front end design creates virtually no bumpsteer and the weight/ergos are perfect for the track. It is too corked up stock but that won't take much to fix.

Nay-say it all you want. I don't own one and I won't be owning one anytime soon. I'm not paid to say anything either but the quad really was an eye opener. And yes I have owned a Honda and ridden/raced all the 450's out there. I won't buy one b/c I already have a full 3 quad plus engine setup for racing and not going to start over, but if I was starting from scratch I'd be going green.

norton
03-21-2007, 04:48 PM
exactly bro........ -rep-

KingpinsEx
03-26-2007, 10:40 AM
It may be good on the track and actually im sure it is for stock....i dont think anyone will deny that. Any of the 450s are more than capable for racing applications. All that is being said is that it is going to need some obvious modifications for mx riding. Opposed to the LTR which is basically designed to be raced out of the box. Sure the KFX could be raced XC nearly stock, but for mx its not the best bang for your buck.

And if your going all out to build a race bike anyway and need to replace all those parts, I personally would start out with a cheaper machine like the honda if your going to be replacing alot of the parts anyway...

soilworker
03-26-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
It may be good on the track and actually im sure it is for stock....i dont think anyone will deny that. Any of the 450s are more than capable for racing applications. All that is being said is that it is going to need some obvious modifications for mx riding. Opposed to the LTR which is basically designed to be raced out of the box. Sure the KFX could be raced XC nearly stock, but for mx its not the best bang for your buck.

And if your going all out to build a race bike anyway and need to replace all those parts, I personally would start out with a cheaper machine like the honda if your going to be replacing alot of the parts anyway...
After putting considerable time on a stock KFX and the LTR in stock form as well; I would rather race the KFX in a stock MX class than the LTR. The LTR has the width advantage, but the control, nimbleness, and power delivery on the KFX are much better. Take this from a rider who rode one about 7hrs straight one day MX already. The LTR would beat it in the corners but the KFX flies better, has way less bumpsteer, and a better power curve.

It's really a choice but if you're going to race anything above C class then you're going to swap everything anyway. And coming from someone who's used EFI systems racing for the past 5yrs, once you try a fuel injection system you won't go back. I tried to w/a Honda 450R and got rid of it w/in months.

FUELATV
03-26-2007, 04:13 PM
I pretty much agree with most of what you are saying. I own a LTR and a KFX. I have had an LTR since they came out and have alot of seat time on it in various stages. I rode the KFX all weekend. There are just so many factors in picking a bike. Bone stock vs. Bone stock HP goes to the KFX. Bone stock vs. bone stock the LTR handles better IMO, but in a different way. Yes the KFX is more nimble. I think that is the best word. It is more controllable, but the front shocks and width BONE stock on the LTR make it better for me. Now once you widen up the KFX and get some shocks on it the KFX should take the cake hands down. We will see. Remember with the LTR you can revalve the stock shocks and get about 11 inches of travel out of it, then add a precision and a set of upper a-arms to add some more castor in the LTR and you have a REALLY good handling bike. I cannot wait to see what the KFX does once uncorked. We all know that the LTR will put up good HP numbers with a pipe, controller and an intake.

KingpinsEx
03-28-2007, 10:21 AM
Fuel who would you recommend best for the revalve? I saw a set done by works and they looked pretty sweet, not sure who else does them though....and what kinda cost are you looking at?

QUADROOKIE
03-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by KingpinsEx
Fuel who would you recommend best for the revalve? I saw a set done by works and they looked pretty sweet, not sure who else does them though....and what kinda cost are you looking at?
C&D Racing-they are a main site sponsor for this site. Colby is one of the best around and great t deal with. Check out their Forum on here and send Colby a PM.

xsr_racing28c
03-28-2007, 12:17 PM
Fuel,
What exactly are you going to be making for the KFX? Any details?

~Thanks, Jay

FUELATV
03-29-2007, 12:25 AM
Well i have i-shock revaled shocks on my wifes LTr and it works AMAZING ..... you will not benefit from revalving the stock shocks like you do on the LTR. IMO the KFX needs a long travel frontend. The stock wheel travel is 7.9 inches. If you add a good set of aftermarket shocks on the stock a-arms you can get almost 10 inches of travel. I will have lots of KFX stuff ...... I have All black FUELATV gripper covers now, FUELATV graphics in 2 weeks, Long Travel a-arms in 4 weeks, Anti-vibe stems on exchange available now, Dasa pipe in 4 weeksand intake kits in 6 weeks. I just got power commanders on tuesday. I will be dyno testing the KFX next week to see how it does stock and un corked.

ingleful
03-29-2007, 10:05 PM
sounds sweet:macho