PDA

View Full Version : mixin tips

EXtreme-
03-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Got cans??? too many cans are mind boggling with different kinds of fuels, octanes, mixed or not, etc.

got any quick tricks to sort out whether the fuel is mixed or not? smelling it only works for the first sniff. :huh A sharpie would work if you could write on the can...if the sharpie was always handy. RMATV sells little tags for 4 bucks a piece, but there's got to be a cheaper, easier way.

Aceman
03-13-2007, 12:30 AM
I don't understand, why can't you write on the can? Is the can black? As soon as I buy fuel I add premix and stabil so there's no question about it.

EXtreme-
03-13-2007, 08:07 AM
yes, I could write on the RED can, but the majic marker has to go with the cans. If you forget a marker, you're back to memory again. (and I have "some-timers") :D

thought this might be an interesting topic, with different views.

86 Quad R
03-13-2007, 08:15 AM
is easy for me to remember........ my 2-stroke can is 6 gal. and the rest are 5. kinda hard to mess that one up. :blah:

kiesta00
03-13-2007, 10:14 AM
just get a different style can, like the race jugs with the 2 foot hoses on top, you wont forget that one is for 2stroke fuel lol.

Eddiesanders250
03-13-2007, 12:39 PM
I have the same problem... With 5 different jugs its hard to remember, btwn race gas, regular gas, mixed gas. Just stay consistent, always use the same jug for the same fuel. i can tell if mine is mixed, it turns real dark i use yamalube

Scott-300ex
03-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Yeh, I go get gas, at the station put 1 gal in throw my oil and Sta-bil in and put the rest of the gas in to mix it real good.

So my cans always mixed.

And to tell my gas is red when its mixed cuz the oil.

atvmxr
03-14-2007, 03:53 PM
the regular gas is a 6 gal red (tall and skinny). the two stroke one is a blue kerosene one (square) with Ken's Fun Fuel written on it, since the premix is the harder of the two to obtain I ALWAYS bring the oil with me and premix when I fill up the can. Its hard to keep the discipline to do it and often results in annoying last minute trips to the gas station, but its better than locking up a motor :)

Scott-300ex
03-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by atvmxr
but its better than locking up a motor :)

Heck Yeh. :blah: