PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Cuba...

mephyst
03-12-2007, 10:28 PM
Who has been there?? I live in the US and would like to go there and was wondering if anyone knew how??

I am half Cuban and would LOVE to go there, possibly this summer.

I have family there that I have never met.

I am not worried about the penalties of the US government, because one of my professors had told my class last semester than no one has actually been punished and put into jail just for traveling to Cuba. There is an organization he told us about (I don't remember the name) but they will pay to fight for you and have never lost a case yet.

Thank you, and if you have any pictures I would appreciate it if you posted them. :)

250R-Dee
03-13-2007, 01:05 AM
You will have to depart from Canada or another country because you can not fly directly to Cuba from the US. Your best bet is to contact a travel agency that deals with Cuban resorts. Word to the wise: You will get "flagged" by the CIA and FBI since you are a US citizen.

mephyst
03-13-2007, 05:12 AM
lol... I just found this...

http://www.xxxjay.com/index.php/2007/02/28/the-cuba-debacle-a-must-read-blog/

Quad18star
03-13-2007, 06:42 AM
I just got back from Cuba a few weeks ago .... there were many Americans down there .

As it was mentioned , you can't fly out of the USA , so you'll have to fly out of Canada or Mexico . And unless your government is spying on you , they won't know you travelled to Cuba because Cuba does not stamp your passport .

Do a search and you'll find pictures I posted from our Cuban vacation .