PDA

View Full Version : Weird 300ex brake question, need help badly!!

scooter2479
03-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok so here is what I have. I bought this 300ex off a guy and he put it together with a couple of different machines. Here goes:

It is a 300ex frame with a 84 200x swing arm and a 91 kawasaki ex250 ninja motor. He extended the frame in the middle about 6 inches so the bike engine would fit. He put front brakes on it but no rears. So my question is, what do I need to get to put rear brakes on this atv. I guessed 200x disc brake and 200x resevoir, caliper and master cylinder but if I use the 300ex brake peg will that match up with the 200x stuff. I'm in real need here with those of you that know more about this than I do. Am I on the right path here? Thanks in advance for the help.

Scott

mike maddrell
03-17-2007, 01:03 PM
what you have there is no longer a 300ex!:p your brake problem would be an easy fix. any components mounted to the swingarm should be 200x and any mounted to the chassis should be 300ex. would all work together. so youd need at least the rotor and caliper from a 200x and the brake pedal, master cylinder, reservoir, and brake line from the 300ex.

btw, lets see this thing!

scooter2479
03-17-2007, 09:59 PM
OK thanks for the help, thats what someone else suggested also.

Oh and heres a pic of it.

2muchquad
03-18-2007, 11:37 AM
That looks like some hack job,he should have at least used real footpegs.That tubing doesnt look safe at all.I have seen those same conversions look better.I hope you didnt pay much for it.its needs some tlc

TWISTED RM80
03-18-2007, 01:06 PM
thats not a 300ex its a hybrid quad u should post this under hybrids u would get the information that u need

scooter2479
03-18-2007, 07:00 PM
Well I never said It was the best thing out there. I know it needs work. I bought it the way it looks. The frame was blue and has been painted over black and looks like it was spray paint. The welds aren't the best I[ve seen but they as safe. I like. Doesn't matter if anyone else does and this isnt a do you like it or not thread. Dont flame. Thats some kiddy bull **** thats not wanted. This is a legit question I was looking for an answer to.

Twisted, I didnt see the hybrid forum, thanks

2much, He didnt have any "real foot" pegs laying around. He had the frame, the motor kinda fell into his hands and thought it would be cool to make a 4wheeler out of it all. I didnt ask if it looked but thanks for the flame.

TWISTED DINLI
03-18-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by 2muchquad
That looks like some hack job,he should have at least used real footpegs.That tubing doesnt look safe at all.I have seen those same conversions look better.I hope you didnt pay much for it.its needs some tlc

Dang dude you didn't have to go flamin on scooter2479. he just asked a simple question that you could have helped him with but no you have to go dising his quad.

2muchquad
03-18-2007, 09:11 PM
I wasnt trying to diss so sorry if it came out like that.I know everybody doesnt ride trailer queens including myself,but i do think it would be worth while to get a set of pegs for safety reasons.Again i didnt mean to come off like some teenage punk because we have a lot of those on here.sorry:)

scooter2479
03-18-2007, 09:18 PM
It's all good bro. I'm getting ahold of a mint 01 300ex frame and going to strip this one and build it over again the right way on the new frame. I started a post in the hybrid section about it. I need help figuring out how to extended the frame the right way to make room for the motor and still keeping the mounting locations. I know the rear mount is going to have to move back but I'm pretty sure the motor is using the front frame mounts where they are. Any ideas or help would be appreciated.

It will look a hell of alot better when Im done with it and it will be done right.

dork
03-22-2007, 01:26 AM
how do you adjust the chain? the 200x swingers were adjusted at the swingarm pivot on the frame. that thing should rev forever when you get it going:D those 250's scream.

Trevor
03-22-2007, 09:19 AM
Dose it run? Have you ridden it at all. How many cylnders do those motors have?

2muchquad
03-22-2007, 12:08 PM
the ex250s were twin cylinders