PDA

View Full Version : Dealer Tune Up Prices

born2ride14
03-12-2007, 08:54 PM
MY 300 HAS BEEN FEELIN A LIL DOWN IN POWER WHAT DO YOU THINK WOULD NEED TO BE DONE?????????????????????

IM THINKIN ABOUT TAKING IT TO THE DEALER TO GET A TUNE UP

BUT DONT WANT TO SPEN MOR THAN $150 LAST TIME I TOOK MY LITTLE SUZUKI DIRTBIKE IT WAS LIKE $200

?WHAT HAVE YOU PAID FOR A TUNE UP ?????

IM LEAVIN TO GO OUT OF STATE SOON AND WOULD LIKE TO HAVE IT IN THE SHOP THEN SOO IF YOU COULD HELP ME OUT WITH PRICING AND MAYBE WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE IT WOULD BE A TREMENDOUS HELP

O AND ALSO WHEN POOPIN A COUPPLE WHEELOES AROUND THE YARD I LEAN BACK A LIL PUT IT IN TO 1ST GEAR AND PUNCH THE TROTTLE AND THE FRONT COMES UP LIKE 12 INCHES AT THE MOST
IS THAT HOW IT SHOULD BE OR IS IT IN NEED OF A TUNE UP AND SOME NEW PARTS THAX
JESSE

honda965
03-12-2007, 09:16 PM
i kno around here its 65$ hour

RichM1983
03-12-2007, 09:42 PM
If I were you I would check to see the compression reading. If the compression is good, the carb is jetted, and you have a nice pipe and header and air filter it should run good. The compression should be somewhere around 150. I would hate for you to get ripped at a dealer and they do pretty much nothing. Your valves should be fine as long as they aren't tapping. You can check those and set the lash very easily. But if they aren't tapping then it should be good. Id get a clymer manual and do it yourself. It would save you tons of money.

born2ride14
03-13-2007, 08:41 AM
how do you check the comression?? and the motor has a crisp sound does that mean anything?????

drag93ex
03-19-2007, 09:25 PM
if your not wantin to spend alot for repairs, i would get a clymer repair manual for $30, well worth the money.
btw, $70 an hour around here for repair.