PDA

View Full Version : CDI bad? Warrior troubles help

greco400
03-12-2007, 08:14 PM
2001 warrior, the starter solonoid went bad, i replaced it and it was stuck so the starter kept running while the bike was running, anyways now, that i put the old one on, and tried the new one the bike has no spark now?
I dont understand what could no cause spark

Could i have fried the cdi box i cant figure out a way to check it
i have no power going to the coil

I just want to get this thing running and have my father ride it

all help is helpfull

GPracer2500
03-12-2007, 09:53 PM
CDI's are pretty much impossible to bench test. The only way to tell if they're good or bad is to try a known good CDI and see it the spark returns or eliminate every other possible problem.

I had a friend just recently buy a 2002 Warrior. I went with her to look a few. One of them just had the stator replaced because it failed. We didn't buy that one. The '02 she did buy was clean and in great condition. First time she had it out it lost spark. Bad stator. Coincidence? Maybe--but I'm beginning to think they might have junky stators [shrug]. Stators can be tested. Make sure the exciter coil portion of the stator is delivering power to the CDI. Also make sure the pulse generator is delivering a signal to the CDI. Pretty much you'll need to get access to a service manual to know which wires to check for what voltages.

Moto250X_Rider
03-16-2007, 12:29 AM
well said GP......

soonerlightning
03-18-2007, 09:32 PM
check the stator. Then move to the CDI. I just went through this on one I was working on for my nephew.

greco400
03-18-2007, 10:03 PM
update i changed the cdi from a running warrior still no spark, I check the resistance on coil and it was under specs, but i dont see how two things can go wrong at once

Im debating to either change the coil then the stator

how do i check the stator??

soonerlightning
03-18-2007, 10:08 PM
let me see if I can find my warrior service manual. If so I will email you a link. Oh and check out bluetraxx.com they have a warrior sub forum that will have all sorts of info for you