PDA

View Full Version : psp help needed

wvspeedfreak
03-12-2007, 08:12 PM
First off,I know nothing about these things but my son has a psp that won't play the games.It just makes a clicking sound when it is trying to read the disc.Is it something that needs to be taken in to have repaired and if so,does it usually cost more to fix than you can buy a new one for?

03-12-2007, 09:06 PM
i have a psp and that doesnt sound normal. i'd take it to the gamestop or ebgames or where you bought it from and have it replaced if its still under warrenty (which i believe is like a 6 month..? not sure)

Ron89
03-12-2007, 10:48 PM
Did it happen for no reason? Many psps get screwed up because people try to downgrade or hack them. Some mess up when they are unplugged or interrupted during a firmware update too.

wvspeedfreak
03-13-2007, 06:20 AM
It hasn't been messed with.It was a Christmas present and he has harldly even used it.

Raptor68
03-13-2007, 08:35 AM
Yeah, that doesn't sound normal. I'd either return it to where you bought it or call Sony...their number should be listed on the box. Good luck!

01 400EXer
03-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Try to take it back where it was purchased from. If that does not work, there is a 1 year warranty with sony on them. You did not have to register it with them either, just need to provide a copy of the sale receipt. Sony has great warranty service. I have a PS2 that I aquired for free due to it being dropped. I called Sony and they sold me a refurbished PS2 for $45 with the trade in of the one I have. I hope this helps.

Ralph
03-13-2007, 02:48 PM
Sonys customer service is great. I called for my ps3 and i ended up waiting like 5 minutes and talked to a nice american lady. She was very helpfull and easy to deal with..

Just make sure if you call to just hit 0 a bunch of times to put you through to an operator....

SRH
03-13-2007, 04:01 PM
my lil bros did the same thing called sony and they said leave the game hatch open for 24hrs and try it my bros worked after that , sony said extremely sensitive to hot and cold