PDA

View Full Version : starter problems!!!

rollie
03-12-2007, 07:39 PM
So im out in the woods with my 07 today just bombin around and i come out of a corner and grab traction and stall, no big deal, when i go to start it it sounded like hell, it sounds like one of the gears are stripped or something in there which i know is a common problem, i never used the gas on starting, never hold it for more than 5 sec, follow all those rules and it still happened, i bought the bike 4 months ago so does my 6 month warrentie cover it? if not im just going with a kick start, thanks alot guys

IMSROLL450R
03-12-2007, 07:56 PM
the same things has happened to me twice and i never touch the gas on start. they just have a weak starter clutch and gears. the warranty should cover it but I also recommend adding a back up kicker. the kicker will get you off the starting line quicker and its nice to have the electric if you stall to just hit the button and go. I would definitely get a kicker as well as get the E start fixed and just not use it as much thats what i do and have no problems anymore.

rollie
03-12-2007, 08:02 PM
if you dont mind me asking, whats the kicker worth installed? thanks

IMSROLL450R
03-12-2007, 08:10 PM
i payed $323 for all the parts and installed myself in about an hour and a half. theres a complete parts list if you go to honda-partsdirect.com and find the 2006 450R and look at the kicker it shows the parts needed and prices.

400exrider0004
03-12-2007, 09:07 PM
it is worth it....

rollie
03-12-2007, 09:11 PM
yeah i plan on doing it and getting rid of my E-start cuz i dont need the weight, im gonna have it fixed under warrentie first so i dont have to buy the kicker right away...to instal the kicker do you need any special tools or is it pretty straight forward if i have a shop manual?

Also does anybody know if a wiring harness from a CRF450R will fit on a kick 450R, so i can get rid off at the unnessacary things? thanks