PDA

View Full Version : i know its not a 400ex but i need your help guys

New-400ex_guy
10-04-2002, 11:02 PM
i havent got any replies in the the non-honda forum but i need you help since alot of you guys are really good at jetting and carb issues.

k i have a Z400 with no air box lid, ct full pipe with the race tip( no spark arrestor ). k&n filter, dyno jet kit with 155 main ( biggest they have and what ct told me to run) and a 25 pilot ( stock is 23 ). needle is on the third clip as dyno jet recommends and 3 1/2 turns out on the mixture. im having some problems.:grr

the bike seems to run fine but when i rev it up it sounds like its hesitating ( really sounds like crap no backfires though ) about 3/4 maybe or maybe a little after 1/2.

when i stab the throttle real fast it will just die, i would have to hold the throttle a little then stab it but it will still die after i let off the throttle, it shouldnt do that should it?. i dont know whats wrong. :rolleyes: also when im riding if im climbing a hill and hold it wide open then have to stop or slow down i pull in the clutch it will die. also some times going down hill with the clutch in it will also die.

i replaced my spark plug and the electrode was barley brown. it seems like im running rich. am i too rich on the midrange?? also when i put the airbox lid on i wont even go anywhere i get about half throttle and falls on its *** and dies.

thanks for the help

Castor-426ex
10-04-2002, 11:43 PM
try messing with the needle positions....i bet a lot of it is coming from there...

10-05-2002, 05:51 AM
sounds like ur real rich.

skemp
10-06-2002, 02:03 PM
I don't know much about the Z's, but you are running rich, step down on the needle and main and see what happens.

lrdz400
03-23-2004, 07:20 PM
your def to rich. i had that prblem with my z