PDA

View Full Version : engine cleaning.

anderson3064
03-12-2007, 04:53 PM
i feel like a dumb a.. I cant find any tool to clean in the fins of the motor. all the wrie brushes are to wide to get in there, I even sanded down a toothbrush with no luck. I bought a gun cleaning kit and the wire brushes in there bend to easy. what am i missing. I have the motor out and want to make it look brand new before putting back in quad. ive got engine degreaser and simple green but the scrubbing tool has eluded me

redline400ex
03-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Just use acid, problem solved....

Scott-300ex
03-17-2007, 10:25 PM
You used all of that, even a gun barrel cleaner?

:huh

Damn kid.

Just throw more dirt on it, It'll clean it..............trust me.

Iliketogofast
04-04-2007, 07:21 AM
Go to an auto parts store and look for interior detailing brushes, or a brush for wire wheels. You don't need a wire brush, just a nylon one. Wire brushes will put scratches in it and make it look like garbage.

mr._bowtie
04-06-2007, 12:51 PM
I just wire brushed mine to clean it up and it worked great. I found a wire brush that the brissles were angled in so it could get in narrow areas. It worked really well. I picked it up from some no name parts store though... I dont like acid, it turns the alum white and its a PAIN to shine it back up.... There are some citrus based acids that you can get that arent as corrosive and those might work.