PDA

View Full Version : edelbrock carb on 426ex

REDRIDDER
03-12-2007, 03:56 PM
Does anyone have a 426ex with an edelbrock carb?I was wondering because i have the 38mm one on my ex now and i love it, the needle size in it now is a 15e,my question is with a 426 kit witch is a bigger bore by 3mm and my head is ported and polished should i run the next step up to a 17e needle.My engine just was rebuilt a week ago, i haven't even put it back in my wheeler yet.Im guessing that with the head ported and polished bigger bore equals more air more fuel right? its always better to run fat than lean, oh yeah I'm running a white brothers e-series pipe with all 12 disks, if any of you guys could help me out i would greatly appreciate it.

bonk
03-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Have you tried running the carb on the motor with the 15-E needle?

REDRIDDER
03-13-2007, 01:58 PM
Well ill answer my ? i called edelbrock today they said send er in they will bore it to a 38 like the Doug E carb put a 21e needle in it ,it will come back cleand and they will fix the set screw problem on the cable wheel so suposeivly it will fix it,the problem is it slips causing it to not idle properly they will also replace the fuel lines cause mine been on for almost 4 years now i bought it new when they first came out,i never really had ay bad complaints about it only with the set screw.this will be like having a new carb for $50 bucks and it will be bigger so i dont have to buy another one for my 426ex.i must say edelbrock will stand behind their products and serve the customer right i recomend any one with the quicksilver carb to have it up graded ,i think around here its $50 just to bore it when they will put the guts in from the Doug E .Im glad we have such a web site like this its so helpful to have so many people helping one another out thats great,well i hope i could help you guys out with this posting,i got the idea to call from all of you thanks.Ill let you guys know how she works but it wont be for a while.hope to here from so of you,like to know what you guys think of this.also their technicle line is top notch so pretty much you can count on getting the correct info,they make the carb so i fugured they probaly know what their talking about.