PDA

View Full Version : Details on XC race@ Outdoorsman park VA series?

Pappy
03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
I checked the website and it looks like it lacks directions etc

dopeyferree
03-14-2007, 04:57 PM
Plug this address into mapquest,

480 Lewis Rd Martinsville, Va. 24112

Gates will open Saturday at 1pm and close at 9pm. Gates will reopen Sunday morning at 6am.

Sign-up for MOTORCYCLES will be from 2 - 6 pm on Saturday and from 7am - 1pm on Sunday.

Sign-up for QUADS will be from noon to 3pm on SUNDAY. We may have Saturday hours for quad sign-up but I can't say when yet. I'll know by Tuesday.....

PLEASE NOTE THE RACE TIMES ARE DIFFERENT! ( FOR THIS EVENT ONLY)

Sr. mini women and Mini (65-105cc) 8:30 am

50cc classes 9:30 am

C class, Women, Masters, Vintage 10:45 am

Main (AA, A, B classes) 1:00 pm

Main Quad 3:30-4:00 Start time.

Jr ATV and Youth ATV will run immediately following the 50cc classes.

dopeyferree
03-14-2007, 04:58 PM
This is some gereral information concerning Round #1 coming up on March 18th:

The course for the C race will be in the 7 mile range and be fresh trail, almost none of it flat, but very rideable. Not tight, plenty of lines, good flow, lots of fun. Typical VXCS course........
The A/B event will have the section mentioned above plus another 4-5 mile loop that is a little more challenging. Bigger hills, drops, creeks....still all rideable and fun.
The quads will ride the entire course, except for several tighter "bike only" sections that the A/B riders will get.
The mini course should be around 5 miles, with no major obstacles....
I'm looking lap times for the C event to be at least 25-30 minutes, and the A/B/quad times in the 40-45 minute range. We may lengthen or shorten the course as necessary to get the times we need to set the appropriate number of laps.
We will have bridges over the creek crossings that would otherwise go away. Other "soft" areas will have logs or other things to help get you through and/or keep holes from forming.
All in all, a very good VXCS-style course that will be fun and challenging, with multiple lines, good flow, and should hold up nicely.