PDA

View Full Version : no/little spark NEED HELP

mobileblaster
03-12-2007, 11:53 AM
My blaster just up and quit Saturday. I was in third gear and it just sputtered out. The plug looked good but I replaced in and noticed there was no spark. every now and then it has a little spark. I just PC'd the frame and wonder if I might have a grounding issue. Is there any way to test the coil to see if its good or bad. Where do I start?

newnick
03-12-2007, 02:03 PM
I'd start with the grounding issue. Did you scrape the pc off where your ground attaches?

Quadboy14
03-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Man, I'd be careful about scraping pc off, the last thing you want to do is start chipping...

mobileblaster
03-13-2007, 07:31 AM
I am going to grind off the powder coat and feather edge the area today to insure I have a positive ground. With the thing not running the least of my worries is chipped powder coat. The last frame I did the powder coater made sure all the bolt holes were tapped out and my grounding points were bare, not sure why he didn't do that this time. If that does not work though where do I go from there?

newnick
03-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I haven't looked in the manual but there should be some values to check the individual parts such as the coil, sparkplug cap, stator with a multitester.