PDA

View Full Version : Worcs Rd 3: Lake Havasu

adrenalinefreak
03-12-2007, 10:59 AM
I had a lot of fun this weekend. I actually met a lot of cool people and had more time to talk to others I already knew. I stayed the whole weekend and watched my first pro race!

How did everyone do?

As for myself, I moved up to Women's B where there were a whole whopping 3 riders. I placed 2nd. I was exhausted after the race, in fact, I felt extremely sick to my stomach and almost passed out, but felt better as the day went on. I also decided to race another class. I decided on the Production C class and I think I did okay. I took 8th out of 21 I think. I also realized the importance of handguards this weekend. I got nailed in the right hand with a big rock in the Prod. C class.

Overall, great weekend!!

I'm also excited because there are somethings in the works for me getting the new Kawasaki 450, yea!!!

Did anyone get any pictures of number 143, yellow 400ex. We took pictures and I'll try to post some of them. If not, we'll probably put them up on our website www.sincitypics.com

Congrats to everyone this weekend!!

WORCSYFZ199
03-12-2007, 12:44 PM
yeah I had a great ride this weekend and got my first ever Pro-Am podium, I took 3rd. That race was pretty insane I'm really sore from that one. But I had a sweet weekend.

ThePhantomRider
03-12-2007, 01:06 PM
So Eichner took 2nd between the Epic riders Frederick and Schell. I see he didn't race the Outlaw. Guess they still got some testing to work out before it's ready.

TPR

calds650
03-12-2007, 02:21 PM
It was repotted that the earliest it might be race was the race in Idaho. New machine, new concept on suspension lots of thinks to work out. Look how long it took Epic to get the Renegade to work.

ThePhantomRider
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
Absolutely.

Doug's a great rider, but even though you may have great riding skills, that can all be negated by a bad setup. Plus they need to get a good setup for the MX portion cause in the open desert the Outlaw should shine. I can even see Roll breaking out a set of front and rear arms to get it wide and low. Should be real trick when it's ready.

With all the companies comming with the latest and greatest, setup is even more crucial than ever before, and unlike the 90's you don't have as much time to develop things ang get them right.

TPR

QuadJunkies
03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
Ill be doing and Interview with Doug at the Idaho Round ,Ill also have some videos and photos.I justgot home this afternoon, Ill work on the photo Gallery over the next couple days and hopefully everything up by the end of the week.
Unfortunatly, I dont have time on the road to get all this up until I get home .

It was a great wk end ,I would like to thank eveyone for accomedating me and thanks to the Corbin family for inviting me over for the awesome cookout Sat. night.
Its always cool to finally meet up with atvriders members :)

Congrats to everyone and Ill save the rest for the Coverage section.

Ex'r Marlin
03-13-2007, 01:25 AM
WOW... Spring Break in Lake Havasu!:D Wheather was beautiful, little warm for some, and I left sunburned!:rolleyes:

I finally got to meet Tina (QuadJunkies)!:cool: ... I know it took a few races to finally meet you! Great to see you smiling out there, and taking pictures!

I really had a great time Friday through Sunday... seeing over 500 racers there this weekend!:macho

I really surprised to see how many kids were there racing, and wondering if they had more money invested than I do in their machines!:eek:

I was there with 8 good friends... 3 of them crashed, but are doing well now.

I had the good fortune to pit for Pro racer Justin Zembo... What a rush seeing these guys race as fast as they can down the long flat pit row... Then into a hard 100 degree right turn!:eek: :cool: The pit row straight away was well over 100 yards... And I bet they hit over 65 mph before putting on their brakes to make the turn. Jeremy Schell came into the turn a little too hot, and lost it, but managed to save it... That was darn right scarry if you ask me!

I had fun with my 400, but wished I had the steering stabilizer hooked up! I did manage to hit a hay bail at check point... I really felt stupid doing that... Probably looked stupid doing it too.:rolleyes: (So much for my ego).

I have never seen a groomed course change soo much as this track did. It was like glass for the first race, but midway through the first race, you could see the whoops form, the deep grooves forming, all in the first race of many!

Sorry for not being socialable to see if any other ATVRiders.com were out there... Hopefully next time??

QuadJunkies
03-13-2007, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
WOW... Spring Break in Lake Havasu!:D Wheather was beautiful, little warm for some, and I left sunburned!:rolleyes:

I finally got to meet Tina (QuadJunkies)!:cool: ... I know it took a few races to finally meet you! Great to see you smiling out there, and taking pictures!

I really had a great time Friday through Sunday... seeing over 500 racers there this weekend!:macho

I really surprised to see how many kids were there racing, and wondering if they had more money invested than I do in their machines!:eek:

I was there with 8 good friends... 3 of them crashed, but are doing well now.

I had the good fortune to pit for Pro racer Justin Zembo... What a rush seeing these guys race as fast as they can down the long flat pit row... Then into a hard 100 degree right turn!:eek: :cool: The pit row straight away was well over 100 yards... And I bet they hit over 65 mph before putting on their brakes to make the turn. Jeremy Schell came into the turn a little too hot, and lost it, but managed to save it... That was darn right scarry if you ask me!

I had fun with my 400, but wished I had the steering stabilizer hooked up! I did manage to hit a hay bail at check point... I really felt stupid doing that... Probably looked stupid doing it too.:rolleyes: (So much for my ego).

I have never seen a groomed course change soo much as this track did. It was like glass for the first race, but midway through the first race, you could see the whoops form, the deep grooves forming, all in the first race of many!

Sorry for not being socialable to see if any other ATVRiders.com were out there... Hopefully next time??

Narly R was there and I got the great pleasure to meet him as well!:) He also had an AMESOME wk end racing ,but Ill save that for him to tell.
Will you be at the Idaho Round?
My whole family will be joining me for the rest of the series so from here on out, Ill be doing all the driving and he will be flying to all of them :ermm:
Was one of your friend the guy who hurt his foot on the R? I wondered how he was doing ?

Marlin, your a kick in the pants to watch each lap.. More riders should have your enthusiasm(sp?).:D

WORCSYFZ199~ you was SMOKIN!!After all the tough luck, it was a well deserved wk end for you-congrats!

WORCSYFZ199
03-13-2007, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
WORCSYFZ199~ you was SMOKIN!!After all the tough luck, it was a well deserved wk end for you-congrats!

Thanks a bunch, yeah I may not have had the fastest laps but I rode them pretty consistently, I kept telling myself it was a looooong race and to just keep it smooth and quick and it paid off, it was cool to finally get a Pro-Am podium. :macho :D

Ex'r Marlin
03-13-2007, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
... Will you be at the Idaho Round?
... Was one of your friend the guy who hurt his foot on the R? I wondered how he was doing ?

There is a good chance that I will be there in Idaho!:eek:

Yeah, that was Blake Silver on the red 250R that crashed in the unclassified race... He is one of the 3 of my friends that crashed. All 3, including Blake is for the most part ok... A little sore still. Blake was walking on crutches, but he is now walking okay!:cool: Thanks for checking in on that!

I really wished I would have met more of the ATVRiders.com members!

adrenalinefreak... Hopefully we will meet you in Idaho sporting the new Kawasaki???:cool:

WORCSYFZ199... A huge congrats! I was cheering on Jacob Hill in the Pro Am... It was his first race with the big buys too! And you got 3rd! Way cool bud!!!:macho

Yeah... The Pro race was amazing! Doug Eichner had a black flag, but still kept the lead. Josh Frederick had a front right flat with the tire off the bead!:eek: On the start of the last lap, Josh was 6 seconds or so behind Doug... Doug goes into the MX section, but I believe the tether kill cord comes out and stalls Doug!:eek: Josh makes the easy pass... And races to a first place finish... If that is not excitement, I don't know what is!:D

Thanks again Tina... The thumbs up was for you!:macho

WORCSYFZ199
03-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Ex'r Marlin
WORCSYFZ199... A huge congrats! I was cheering on Jacob Hill in the Pro Am... It was his first race with the big buys too! And you got 3rd! Way cool bud!!!:macho

Thanks a bunch man, it wasn't my first Pro-Am race, just the first one this year, I raced Pro-Am in 05 but never finished better than 5th and ended up 4th for the year so it's cool to go out there and get a podium and get some recognition, I haven't even qualified for pro-am in the other races this year due to bike problems and what not, but I got it figured out so i think it should be all good and I'll be trying to run pro-am for the rest of the year.

adrenalinefreak
03-13-2007, 04:23 PM
Ex'r I hope I have the new KFX450r by Idaho. If I do I probably wont have much if any seat time on it, but I don't care...too excited!!

QuadJunkies
03-16-2007, 03:32 AM
Well Donna, it doesnt look like I got anything TOO spectacular for you pics :(
too many riders...so little time! :p
I did clean these up a bit, the sun was horrible and alot of my pics were over exposed this time around.
http://upload.pbase.com/image/75723802/large.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/75723803.jpg

adrenalinefreak
03-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Thanks Tina! Both are so clear! I know what you mean about the lighting. I think Jay was experiencing the same thing.

We'll see you guys for sure in Idaho. Looks like I might be flying so thats a first!
Where do you fly out of? Not sure how many airports you guys have but I want to fly into the closest one!

Hopefully Airfare wont be too bad

Update: Still no Kawasaki yet

QuadJunkies
03-16-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by adrenalinefreak
Thanks Tina! Both are so clear! I know what you mean about the lighting. I think Jay was experiencing the same thing.

We'll see you guys for sure in Idaho. Looks like I might be flying so thats a first!
Where do you fly out of? Not sure how many airports you guys have but I want to fly into the closest one!

Hopefully Airfare wont be too bad

Update: Still no Kawasaki yet

We only have one small one in Boise .
If the Kawi isnt here in time,whos taking down your Honda?
They have acouple Kawi'450's locally here for sale, I sure would like to take one for a spin!:macho
Is J flying too?
If you can swing getting out here a bit early , maybe Thurs eve. we can shoot going out for dinner the night before,cause I know its going to be crazy here after that . lol

CrackerboyLV
03-16-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm still working on getting all of mine posted.
Here is a link (http://www.flickr.com/photos/stevetmulcahy/) - Steve 152

QuadJunkies
03-17-2007, 01:50 AM
now THIS looked liked fun!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/127/420323490_f3bddfcbc6.jpg?v=0

This was a cool shot too
whre are those taken?
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/160/421216064_8e5b4d6d80.jpg?v=0
And THIS looks like a BIG toilet!:eek:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/164/421272608_831beba8bf.jpg?v=0

CrackerboyLV
03-17-2007, 01:10 PM
The top one is in Big Bear Ca.

The other two are in Moab Utah.

I'm uploading Youth and Rhino Classes Right Now...

This is taking forever:o

QuadJunkies
03-18-2007, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by CrackerboyLV

This is taking forever:o

Trust me ... I do feel your pain!:p

CrackerboyLV
03-18-2007, 11:21 AM
Donna, I might be able to haul your bike up if you need it. One of the girls in our group isn't going to Idaho, so we should have an empty spot in the trailer. We are on the NW side of town (craig/durango). Let me know... steve

adrenalinefreak
03-24-2007, 09:13 PM
Hey...sorry haven't been on in awhile, been pretty busy with getting things figured out.

It's Official, I will be riding the new KFX450 for Carter Powersports! I am excited. I'm hoping it gets here in time for Idaho. It looks like it might! If it does, I will be racing it pretty much bone stock! I cannot wait. I'll be on the green one which is what would have been my choice anyway.

I'll be racing with DATS Racing Team which is also really exciting! It's actually extremely exciting. They are a really nice group!

As for hauling my bike...thanks for the offer! Although It looks like I will be driving up myself and since I'm driving I just decided to haul the bike myself. For the Washington rounds I'm sure DATS will be taking my bike and I'll be flying!

Good luck to everyone in Idaho. I'll see you up there, and if you see me or think its me come up and say hi! I'll either be on a green KFX or on my Yellow 400ex. In the Womens B and Prod C classes!

adrenalinefreak
03-24-2007, 09:29 PM
Hey I tried to find pictures from the womens B class on there and didn't know where to look or if there are any? Are there any from the Saturday Women's B class. We raced with the Womens A class, 40+ and 50+ I believe...

If not its cool but always nice to see pictures :)

QuadJunkies
03-24-2007, 11:15 PM
There should be pics of all but I think the womens C class??
Heck, I cant remember,I do know I missed one group of ladies ,but I thought it was the C riders.I got vidoe of your class as well,Im pretty sure theres pics up of your race.
I know Harlen got very overwhelmed with the season opening rounds of 3-4 Nationals this time around ,not to mention he has had some major internet connection problems.And thats just a small part of whats on his plate. lol
Harlen also assured me the middle of next week the videos would be up.
Sorry for the delays.