PDA

View Full Version : Breaking in new cam. Can it be done in the garage?

02silverpile
03-12-2007, 09:08 AM
OK guys, I need to break in a new stage 2. I know that hot cams states that you run a test ride for 20minutes, let it cool, and then 40 minutes while not letting it idle. During this time your supposed to vary the throttle. Is there a way to do this on a stand. I figured you needed to allow for a load while riding. However, everything is muddy, and the trails dont open until april 1. So i was wondering if i could place the quad on a stand to raise the tires, and wrap on the throttle. Thanks.

400exrider707
03-12-2007, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by 02silverpile
OK guys, I need to break in a new stage 2. I know that hot cams states that you run a test ride for 20minutes, let it cool, and then 40 minutes while not letting it idle. During this time your supposed to vary the throttle. Is there a way to do this on a stand. I figured you needed to allow for a load while riding. However, everything is muddy, and the trails dont open until april 1. So i was wondering if i could place the quad on a stand to raise the tires, and wrap on the throttle. Thanks.

Well then there would be no load on the motor.

bwamos
03-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Load won't affect a cam. There's no "load" put on it anymore whan on a stand than when off a stand.

But running it on a stand for 30+ minutes will be very hard on other parts of the motor.

Just hold off and break it in when the weather clears up. It's not like you're gonna ride it now anyway.

Patience. :)