PDA

View Full Version : The choices are ..................

10-04-2002, 08:10 PM
Should I try on get a 2003 660R Raptor or a 2003 Banshee. I've rode a raptor, and i am impressed, its the best four stroke ive ridden and it has lots of power and is fast. On the other hand, today i rode my brothers Banshee, and wow, its got lots of power, torque, you name it and its extremely extremely fast.

Help me out.

2001 HOnda TRX400EX
----------------------------
White Brothers E-Series Exhaust
Shaved Front Fenders
Renthal HandleBars
Razrs on rear,ohtsus on front
New parts all round(clutches,bearings,etc..)
White Brothers Boost Bottle
Maier Front Racing Fender(Black)
Bandits on front, Blackwaters on rear
Hunting Gear
Moose Floorboards
Moose Handguards

honda400exrider
10-04-2002, 08:14 PM
for what type of riding?

cdalejef
10-04-2002, 09:01 PM
That was my question.

EricB
10-04-2002, 09:07 PM
well if you want a 4stroke i'd sugest shopping arround a little more before deciding on the raptor. you said its the best you've rode? you meen power wise or all arround? because yeah, its got a lota balls but there are bike out there that will handle 10 times better and still have balls. try the dale's maybe a new zuki i don't really know what your price range or type of riding is. but just ride other bikes before you decide that the raptor is the most tits thing arround.

redrider ex
10-04-2002, 09:12 PM
trouble on the banshee there is two of every thing and you will have to mix the gas and rebuild more often .

honda400exrider
10-05-2002, 07:32 AM
not necessarily with the rebuilding, my brother had his for like a year or a year and a half with out having to rebuild, but then he sold it. and with the gas, just get a 5 gal. jug and the mix and yer set for a few rides. also, from what i hear, the banshee respondds well to all of the work u do to it cause its a 2 stroker, and most of the parts are cheaper neways, like 600 for full exhaust, the yoshi full titanium exhaust is like 800. soo just my .02. lata

VooDuu Child
10-05-2002, 10:23 AM
It really depends on the type of riding, if you're a trail rider, don't get the shee, they just aren't as trail friendly as the four strokes. As for the Raptor, go ride a Z and get back to us. The Z is way wider and gives a much better handling ride, and with the money saved on buying the Z, throw a pipe on, jets and a new air filter and you'll be faster than the raptor and will still have $$ left over. I'm biased of course because I have a Z. If you're a duner, go with the Shee, it's a dune classic.

10-05-2002, 11:20 AM
Well, I guess money is not a big issue since you are buying a brand new quad, so here is what I have to say. I would look at the Cannondales. The Cannibal is faster and handles and jumps better than the two Yamahas. For an extra thousand dollars($7995.) you can get the Speed, which has even more goodies than the Cannibal. I owned a Raptor, and I was not impressed. Too Heavy, too high of a center of gravity, and probably not as powerful as you would think. I would rather have a Banshee if I had it to do over, but I think the Cannondales are better in every way. Ya, what kind of riding are you going to do?

Dune Surfer
10-05-2002, 11:40 AM
c-dale