PDA

View Full Version : St Anthonys - question

Dan_Guetter
03-12-2007, 02:33 AM
What is the best time to go there? How is the weather year round?

Dan_Guetter
03-12-2007, 02:46 PM
anyone?

Si?

No?

7 speed
03-12-2007, 02:58 PM
It's covered in snow during the winter.

I would say your best bet would be spring/summer.

My mom lives 30 miles from there and I just visited her.

Icy roads the whole way.

Idaho sucks!!!!

04450rrider
03-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I would say Labor Day is like the best time to go. I went there on Labor Day the past two years and it was awesome. There wasnt even that many people.

JOEX
03-12-2007, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
anyone?

Si?

No?
Did you notice what time you posted?:p

I was there mid June once. Weather was great except from late morning to mid afternoon the wind would blow strong every day.

ida400ex
03-13-2007, 09:26 PM
it is the best in the sprinf=g and fall when its not so dry. i went yesterday and it was perfict for jumping, neice and wet.

wilkin250r
03-13-2007, 10:24 PM
I think it's the exact opposite of Glamis. Southern California is WAY too hot in the summer, so dune season is in the winter. Obviously snow is not a problem at Glamis.

St. As propably gets hot during the summer, but not intolerable like Glamis. Summer is good, late spring might be a little better. Winter is way too cold, and very likely to be covered in snow.

QuadJunkies
03-20-2007, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
What is the best time to go there? How is the weather year round?

JUNE!
Have you never been to St. A's??
We go every year in June. The weather is always weird here in Idaho and its a milder climate up near the Tetons.
If you go in Jun,e you will be past most of the rainy season and yet not too hot.
Unfortunatly, I think we may be going in July this year as we have alot of race traveling this year.

If you have never been, be prepared for some of the most awesome riding...
Its alot more laid back atmosphere than Glamis

Ive done some post on the last few years group riders and some vidoes of the dunes here on the site .