PDA

View Full Version : Durhamtown Awful?

crazedape
03-11-2007, 05:52 PM
I have heard from two people that Durhamtown's trails are awful right now. They said they were really rutted out and the riding was awful. I have been there a lot and I haven't been in about 2 months. Can anybody else add on to what the trail conditions have been/are like lately?

06LTR
03-12-2007, 08:16 AM
everytime we go its like riding on busted pavement?

400exStar
03-16-2007, 09:19 PM
I just got back from D town on wednesday. Here is the deal. This place is ALL and I do mean ALL clay. the key to getting in some good riding here is to understand a few things. The trails are definately hard packed clay, so, like all clay it gets compacted pretty hard. D town grooms the trails early in the week. by the time Saturday and sunday roll around the trails can get quite compacted. That being said, the trails are still awesome. I rode from Friday the 9th of march to tuesday. The riding was much better monday and tues due to the grooming. I ride mostly in Florida and our problem is whoops. D town has no woops at all. The tracks are maintained well but by Sunday the corners tend to get rutted because of all the 2 wheeled bikes out there. All in All it is much better riding than anything I have been to in Florida. However, you do NOT want to have an accident there. It would be like taking a spill in the street. I got a little squirrely coming off a table top on one of the MX tracks and it scared the hell out of me. I guess every place has it's downsides. Still a great time.

crazedape
03-17-2007, 01:13 AM
I have been there numerous times with the people that told me that it was as bad as they have ever seen it. They said the roads had a lot of rainwash out and that it was like riding on a washboard. They said it appeared like they tried to put 4" of soft clay on top of the hard pack and that it was washed out in spots and made the ride real rough. They also said they had numerous trails closed down.

400exStar
03-17-2007, 12:24 PM
they sure had a few trails closed down.. I didnt experience ANY rought riding at all. Only in the corners of some of the tracks that was it. We are planning another trip up to DT on June 17-23rd. Anyone interested in doing some riding with us let me know.

XtremelyCrazy
03-20-2007, 04:25 PM
The rains have been pretty severe, making for lots of ruts.