PDA

View Full Version : Full Flight A -arms

esr250r86
03-11-2007, 05:32 PM
Do any of you run Full flight a arms?How are they? Do they hold up pretty good with the heim joints they come with. I am planning on buying them for my 05 Trx450r but need some opinions as whether I should.Pics would help too. Thanks.

esr250r86
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
No one runs these? They must not be too great.

northwest Texas
03-15-2007, 09:48 PM
They're okay for the price. I don't have them personally but for the average rider, they'll work. Haven't had any problems with them to speak of. Are there better ones? Sure.

number5
03-17-2007, 09:13 AM
They used to be called ugly a arms. Go figure.

Linkin24
04-11-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by number5
They used to be called ugly a arms. Go figure.

not true. that was a different company.

Linkin24
04-11-2007, 02:02 PM
i have used fullflights for the last 2 years and i have had great sucess with them. last year i ran +2 std. travel a arms but this year i am using a set of there +3 LT a arms. they dont offer the lt's, yet i am just testing them for them. here are some pics of my quad.

the heims they use when you buy a set are an average set if heims. they now offer an upgraded set of heims that are top of the line. The new replacements they offer last longer than the standard ones they come with, and are much much better quality.

they also have great customer service. if you ever have any problems thhey will help you out and make sure you are happy. There a arms also come with a lifetime warranty. if you bend them they replace them for free. If you have anymore quastions about them just ask. Hope this helps.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/100_0381.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/100_0384.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/100_0382.jpg

esr250r86
04-11-2007, 02:08 PM
Nice quad. Do the heims ever come loose on your full flights? Are those the long travel full flights pictured?

Linkin24
04-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
Nice quad. Do the heims ever come loose on your full flights? Are those the long travel full flights pictured?

yeah those are the LT's. When you say do the heims come loose, what do you mean?

esr250r86
04-11-2007, 02:22 PM
On my friends 400ex, he has some asr ones that are just like the full flights and the bottom bolt of the heim joint comes loose if he doesnt check it every time he is done riding. Unless he puts lots of threadlock on there.

Linkin24
04-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
On my friends 400ex, he has some asr ones that are just like the full flights and the bottom bolt of the heim joint comes loose if he doesnt check it every time he is done riding. Unless he puts lots of threadlock on there.

yeah i put red locktite on it. once thhe front end is set you dont need to take them out anyway so i use locktite just to make sure they dont come out. but i have never actually had one come out. if you decide to go with the fullflights let me know. also tell them that you spoke with me about them and the new heim joints and see what kind of price you can get on them.

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 05:27 AM
Read this and then tell me what you think about fullflight....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181269&perpage=13&highlight=fullflight%20arms&pagenumber=2

I also have the word document that raptorpilot created with detailed pictures on exactly how far off these arms are....

if you would like to view it post your email address and I will send you a copy.

KB Motorsports
04-12-2007, 09:03 AM
If you want a quality a-arm without paying full retail i'd go with SMC. I can get you standard travel SMC for 475.00 shipped , and LT for 575.00 shipped. They have no negative feedback nor bad customer reviews as far as I know.

Take care

Linkin24
04-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Read this and then tell me what you think about fullflight....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=181269&perpage=13&highlight=fullflight%20arms&pagenumber=2

I also have the word document that raptorpilot created with detailed pictures on exactly how far off these arms are....

if you would like to view it post your email address and I will send you a copy.

thats all nice and good, but his word document was made with a set of raptor a arms. so unless someone is buying a set for a raptor, it really dosent show anything. mine have none of the problems that his did, nor have anyone elses i have ever spoke with. I have a friend that got a set of housers that were out of wack. any company can have a one bad set of arms. take them out of the jig and they could move just a hair.

esr250r86 of you decide to go with fullflights you will not be disappointed. the post that raptorpilot made was the only time i have ever heard of that. do a searh on here or any of the central sites and you will find that most people are happy with them, aand people whho dont like them have never used them.

400exrider707
04-12-2007, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Linkin24
thats all nice and good, but his word document was made with a set of raptor a arms. so unless someone is buying a set for a raptor, it really dosent show anything. mine have none of the problems that his did, nor have anyone elses i have ever spoke with. I have a friend that got a set of housers that were out of wack. any company can have a one bad set of arms. take them out of the jig and they could move just a hair.

esr250r86 of you decide to go with fullflights you will not be disappointed. the post that raptorpilot made was the only time i have ever heard of that. do a searh on here or any of the central sites and you will find that most people are happy with them, aand people whho dont like them have never used them.

Regardless of what they were for, it still shows the quality of craftsmanship, even if they are straight, they are still mild steel with garbage heims. I personally never said that I didnt like them or that I did like them, just posting some factual information. Could you post a pic of yours then, because I have yet to see a pic of the "new" arms. Thanks.

Linkin24
04-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Regardless of what they were for, it still shows the quality of craftsmanship, even if they are straight, they are still mild steel with garbage heims. I personally never said that I didnt like them or that I did like them, just posting some factual information. Could you post a pic of yours then, because I have yet to see a pic of the "new" arms. Thanks.

Check this out and tell me what you think of fullflight.

FULLFLIGHT Feedback (http://feedback.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=fullflightracing&myWorld=true)

These are the only pics i have of them arms off the quad. i had the arms repowdercoated white because i didnt want both arms blue.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/107_0309.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/107_0308.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/107_0307.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/107_0306.jpg

like i said above the standard heims that the arms come with are just an average set of heims, but the can be upgraded to a new heims that fullflight offers. here they are....

SET OF UPGRADED CHROMOLY HEIMS, SELF LUBRICATING & SELF SEALING WITH NYLA-MATRIX INJECTION MOLDED RACE. THESE ARE THE VERY TOP OF THE LINE HEIMS THAT ARE USED ON MILLION DOLLAR CROSS COUNTRY TROPHY TRUCKS AND RAILS THAT COMPLETE THE BIG 1000 MILE RACES. ROCK CRAWLERS AND SAND CARS USE THESE SAME HEIMS AS WELL. THEY ARE THE HIGHEST QUALITY HEIMS ON THE MARKET TODAY, THEY HANDS DOWN SURPASS THE KEVLAR-TEFLON LINING, TYPE HEIMS. THE CHROMATE PLATING GIVES THEM A VERY STYLISH LOOK AND APPEARANCE.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/heim3.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/heim2.jpg

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f119/linkin24/heim1.jpg

mx1791
04-12-2007, 02:21 PM
i always read these threads about full flight, and then you(Linkin24) always come on and say how great they are, but your sponsored by them, of course your going to defend them.. ive seen some good feedback on these arms, and alot of bad feedback too. they cant be too great if so many people have problems. i never see problems on houser or even smc (the reason i bought them). now i hate to butt in like this, and im really not trying to start anything with you Linkin, so dont take this the wrong way, but the people who have problems with these arms arent lieing about it so dont argue with the people that dont like them, you wont get anywhere..

Linkin24
04-12-2007, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by mx1791
i always read these threads about full flight, and then you(Linkin24) always come on and say how great they are, but your sponsored by them, of course your going to defend them.. ive seen some good feedback on these arms, and alot of bad feedback too. they cant be too great if so many people have problems. i never see problems on houser or even smc (the reason i bought them). now i hate to butt in like this, and im really not trying to start anything with you Linkin, so dont take this the wrong way, but the people who have problems with these arms arent lieing about it so dont argue with the people that dont like them, you wont get anywhere..

I understand that every one has there own opinion, but had you actually read all the threads on fullflight you would see that most people who talk bad about fullflights havent actually used them. The one person i have ever talked to who had any useful info on fullflight and showed a problem with them was raptorpilot, and that was only for the raptor a arms (which by the way has been corrected by fullflight). Thats why i never argued with him. the only people i argue with are the idiots who say they are junk because they are cheaper than other brands. Kind of like the thread on here now about wicked a arms. one guy on there says not to get them because you get what you pay for. even though they seem to be a nice se of a arms that guy made another ingnorant comment. no reson to say it, just thinks thay arent anygood because of price.

400exrider707
04-13-2007, 06:19 AM
The pics you just posted still show that the arms are not designed properly. The tubes where they should meet the frame should meet the frame at a 90 degree angle, you have one going in at 90 and one that is not. This was one of the problems raptor pilot had, yours however is not as extreme as his was, but IMO still not a good design. That is just my opinion so dont tell me whether Im right or wrong!

The welds also look scetchy. Also where the tube that holds the heim to the spindle, it looks just like raptorpilot said, not well notched and huge gaps filled with weld. I can also see imperfections in the metal from the flash of the camera.

also the fullflight ebay sales, all show the old style a-arms just like raptor-pilot had, they will still bind the heim joints...

Linkin24
04-13-2007, 10:47 AM
The pics you just posted still show that the arms are not designed properly. The tubes where they should meet the frame should meet the frame at a 90 degree angle, you have one going in at 90 and one that is not. This was one of the problems raptor pilot had, yours however is not as extreme as his was, but IMO still not a good design. That is just my opinion so dont tell me whether Im right or wrong!

The welds also look scetchy. Also where the tube that holds the heim to the spindle, it looks just like raptorpilot said, not well notched and huge gaps filled with weld. I can also see imperfections in the metal from the flash of the camera.

also the fullflight ebay sales, all show the old style a-arms just like raptor-pilot had, they will still bind the heim joints...

i am not going to argue with you. i coulld care less if you think they are good or not. you have never seen the arms mounted to the frame and the heims dont bind. about that your wrong. the tube that holds the heims to the spindle is not a worry. the weld is stronger that the tubing its self. raprot pilot also said that that desgn would not break he just dosent llike it. as for the imperfections in the metal, that was from myself when i was stripping them to have the powdercoated white.

you have obviously never used fuullflights so i dont know whay you have to just keep bashing them. you do the same thing everyone else does. just repeat things that other people say but have never used a set. but whatever, think what you want. but untill you use a set you opinion means nothing.

parkers30
04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
typically, unless a weld is done to perfection it is weaker than the metal it is attaching to if it is used across a gap in material.

There is something about a well coped and nicely TIG or MIG welded tube joint that just makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Kinda like siitting in a nice sports car instead of some rednecks beater

400exrider707
04-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Linkin24
i am not going to argue with you. i coulld care less if you think they are good or not. you have never seen the arms mounted to the frame and the heims dont bind. about that your wrong. the tube that holds the heims to the spindle is not a worry. the weld is stronger that the tubing its self. raprot pilot also said that that desgn would not break he just dosent llike it. as for the imperfections in the metal, that was from myself when i was stripping them to have the powdercoated white.

you have obviously never used fuullflights so i dont know whay you have to just keep bashing them. you do the same thing everyone else does. just repeat things that other people say but have never used a set. but whatever, think what you want. but untill you use a set you opinion means nothing.

I am not repeating anything that anyone says. I came to the conclusion all on my own. Just looking at those arms throws up red flags for me, Im sorry that offends you, but thats just how I see it. I would love to try a set out, and Im sure for most amateurs they are fine. I, however, am not going to pay that much money just to "try" a set out. If I could try everything out first and purchase after, that would be different. I love trying out new things, and often try not to make judgement until I can try it, but those arms dont even pass my visual inspection, and I would feel very unsafe bolting them to my quad. Also while weld is supposed to be stronger than metal, it often is not, and welding gaps is definitely not stronger, that is very bad way to connect tubing. Like I said before I see that where they attach to the frame is no where near as extreme as the set that raptorpiot had, yet still not perfect. They will work like that yes, but why not design them to be perfect? All it needs is just some bends, nothing complicated. You ask why I am "bashing" them? I have yet to see anything good to praise them about except their price, and in my eyes, especially on a part such as a-arms, quality comes first! You have yet to explain to me what makes these arms so much better than any other company out there, just telling me to stop bashing them doesn't really sway my mind, sorry. If they work for you that is great, and if you are happy with them that is all that matters. Just because other people dont like them, doesn't make us bad people. Since you are sponsored, hook me up with a trial set, and I will be more than glad to try them out.;)

btw you have a pretty bad-arse lookin Z:macho

Blue Ranger
06-11-2007, 04:53 PM
I bought a set of +2+1 FullFlight A-arms for my 04 660 Raptor. I'm 44 years old and I don't race anymore so I cannot say if these A-arms are inappropriate for MX. I did not like most of the negative posts people were writing about these A-arms so this is my 2 cents worth. I have had these A-arms for about 20 hours of hard rocky trail riding and hill climbing abuse in Kentucky. I’ve hit very large rocks at high speeds, flipped my Raptor and bent the left steering tie rod but up until this point I have had no problems. FullFlight always answers their phone and they seem genuinely helpful with all my questions. My recommendation is this. If you do not know how to install and set up a front suspension properly then do not attempt this yourself. Make sure you know what you are doing and that you have the right tools. Also, use red thread lock on every bolt. I spray all the heims down with WD-40 after each wash and then with white lithium before each ride. These A-arms are affordable and work fine.
This is what I did not like. The powder coating seems to flake off very easy but I covered it up with some gloss black spray paint and they look fine.
My 2 cents worth.

400exrider707
06-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Blue Ranger
I bought a set of +2+1 FullFlight A-arms for my 04 660 Raptor. I'm 44 years old and I don't race anymore so I cannot say if these A-arms are inappropriate for MX. I did not like most of the negative posts people were writing about these A-arms so this is my 2 cents worth. I have had these A-arms for about 20 hours of hard rocky trail riding and hill climbing abuse in Kentucky. I’ve hit very large rocks at high speeds, flipped my Raptor and bent the left steering tie rod but up until this point I have had no problems. FullFlight always answers their phone and they seem genuinely helpful with all my questions. My recommendation is this. If you do not know how to install and set up a front suspension properly then do not attempt this yourself. Make sure you know what you are doing and that you have the right tools. Also, use red thread lock on every bolt. I spray all the heims down with WD-40 after each wash and then with white lithium before each ride. These A-arms are affordable and work fine.
This is what I did not like. The powder coating seems to flake off very easy but I covered it up with some gloss black spray paint and they look fine.
My 2 cents worth.

Just an FYI, you shouldn't spray anything on the heims, it just attracts more crud and causes them to wear out faster. They should be self lubricating.;)

Blue Ranger
06-12-2007, 07:37 AM
Ok, I appreciate the FYI on heim joints. I have given it some consideration but have a problem with you words “self lubricating”. My heim joints are exposed to mud, water and Appalachian mountain dirt. They are not sealed or self-lubricated and they are always covered in dirt, mud, sand ect…. As a matter of fact, I can feel a difference in their ability to work more smoothly after I’ve washed the ATV and sprayed them down with WD-40, which by the way will displace all the water and dirt that may have collected along the working edge of the heim. Then a liberal coat of lithium before a ride helps to shed water and mud while keeping them lubricated –I agree it may only be for a short period of time but it’s an effort to prolong the life of the heim and have a smooth operating suspension. When we choose to go with heim joints we do not have the luxury of sealed, self-lubricated ball joints but with the FullFlight A-arms you have complete adjustability and I like that.