PDA

View Full Version : Tusk brake pads

erac4019
03-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Does anyone here use Tusk brake pads from Rocky Mtn? I have always used EBC or Galfer but the Tusk pads are about $30.00 cheaper for all 3.

CRich[814]
03-11-2007, 12:29 PM
they are ebc, just with the work tusk on them.

CRich[814]
03-11-2007, 12:29 PM
same with clutch's from rockymountain. there ebc, with tusk on them.

erac4019
03-11-2007, 12:40 PM
Thats cool, I'm going to try them out, If they dont last I'm not really out much anyway. I have EBC's on my bike right now so I can compare them when I change them out. Thanks.

deathman53
03-11-2007, 03:06 PM
I have them on my 250r's, they seam to last pretty good, they don't last as long as ebc sinnered pads, nor as thick. They are as good as most pads out there, Where you ride, how often you use the brakes, condtion of the rotor, and the conditon of the pins on your caliper have alot to do with how long you pads wear. I have had a set wear out in two days(muddy sand/clay/dirt combo), and on the same bike, riding dry stuff, a set lasted months. There is alot of factors.

Blue_Streak23
03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
I have used both Tusk and EBC pads, and have found that hard braking with racing and such wears-out the Tusk pads much quicker.

skull2002
03-16-2007, 09:43 PM
i have went thru 4 sets of tusk rear pads(only bcus i bought 4 at one time) they are ok if you are just riding around your yard or something. otherwise...you get what you pay for! they are junk. i have a solid rear rotor also. i have found that for the best longevity, use the oem yamaha raptor 660 pads. 26 bucks a set. i think they are even better than oem honda pads. buy a set of both, tusk's for 12.99, and oem yammy's for 26.99.........look at both sets side by side, then give the tusk set to someone you ride with! dont get me wrong, i love rockymt, and run their clutch kit, and they do have some great parts, but the pads are below average.

deathman53
03-17-2007, 02:26 PM
for a 250r, the pads aren't bad, definetly skinnier than ebc or oem pads. Where I ride, my brake pads on the rear don't last long anyway, the fronts stay around along time, no matter what brand I use. I have tried ebc carbon&sinered, braking, tusk, stock and vershea(sp), all of them had about the same life. True you get what you pay for...but if none of them last long and about the same, why not go with the cheapest??? Cluth, chain and sprockets, tires, and other high wear stuff..I use what works the best and lasts the longest.