PDA

View Full Version : Which pipe for a Canible?

Foxrage
10-04-2002, 04:00 PM
Which pipe should i get if i get a new canible? I saw a TC pipe on one does anyone know anything about it? Thanks

MxDale71
10-04-2002, 04:26 PM
Check out the Sparks pipe... they might be good. The most popular pipe is the HMF.

roostin_dale
10-04-2002, 09:38 PM
HMF..all the way

tyguy
10-05-2002, 12:23 AM
HEY BROTHA ARE YOU HAVIN ANY PROBS WITH THE DALE?

Guy400
10-05-2002, 04:59 AM
HMF's the most popular but Trinity just released one that's supposed to be very nice.

10-05-2002, 11:24 AM
HMF seems to be the one I see the most of, but here is an idea. I have a buddy who has a Cannibal, and he got the same pipe that is on the Moto. It is a FMF titanium pipe. He ordered it from a Cannondale dealership, and then he had the "Moto" mapping put in it. It runs way better now. Hey Jeff@thequadshop? How much for a Moto pipe?

Pappy
10-05-2002, 01:21 PM
well..if you get the moto pipe....i think making it a bit shorter would be a plus. the ones i have seen stick out a lil far and could get smashed...in fact i saw it happen already. but if the moto pipe is cheaper then hmf it may be the way to go.

MxDale71
10-05-2002, 05:41 PM
tyguy - I haven't had any problems with my C-dale that I didn't cause myself. I got a hole in my coolant resevoir but that was because I over tightened a bolt on it and it made it crack. And I broke a headlight, bent my handlebars, and broke my subframe, but that happened in a pretty bad wreck that I had. I was unconscious, scraped my back pretty bad, and broke my foot. So, no the frames aren't indestructable, but they are pretty d@mn tough if you ask me... I wadded pretty hard to do that *****. I even got one of the early quads and have had no problems with it besides the ones I just mentioned.

Keep in mind. I am a MX racer, so ***** WILL brake. I don't care what you ride, you'll brake something sooner or later.

10-05-2002, 06:42 PM
BUMP!!!

bradley300
10-16-2002, 10:33 PM
actually, you guys are wrong. the cannibal pipe flows the same amount of air as the stock moto/blaze pipe. one is just lighter and louder than the other. and also, according to cannondale HMF makes the most hp with + 6 hp gains.

Godspeed
10-17-2002, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by bradley300
actually, you guys are wrong. the cannibal pipe flows the same amount of air as the stock moto/blaze pipe. one is just lighter and louder than the other. and also, according to cannondale HMF makes the most hp with + 6 hp gains.

Is that with the full system or just the slip on? I saw a guy named wynder that had a slip on. What does he think?

10-17-2002, 09:30 AM
Wyndzer's HMF sounds good and I'd say he's pretty happy with it,,unfortunatly he's a slow rider..

If i were to get a C-dale I'd throw a cobra on the SOB..:huh

AlaskaSpeed
10-17-2002, 10:22 AM
I just ordered the HMF full system from Kyle and will be finally able to mess with my GP Control software and remap to the mapping of my choice. I am probably going to try the Nacs mapping first and see how it does.

Anyone that has run the Nacs mapping let me know what you thought of it compared to the Moto's. Thanks, JIM

10-17-2002, 10:26 AM
Jim wyndzer runs the nacs mapping send him a PM,,sounds like you two will have the same setup..:cool:

AlaskaSpeed
10-17-2002, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Jim wyndzer runs the nacs mapping send him a PM,,sounds like you two will have the same setup..:cool:

Thanks, Ponch.....errr...I mean Rico... :D JIM

R-Crazy
10-17-2002, 01:20 PM
HMF also just came out with a header for the C-dale too. might wanna check that iut also, Alaska. I have heard thet the nacs mapping is the best so far. The trinity also sounds good. How much is it ot get the C-dale re-mapped? Can you do it yourself? what is involved?
sorry 4 all the questions, but maybe i answered a few in the process.

dave

AlaskaSpeed
10-17-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by 300ex rules
HMF also just came out with a header for the C-dale too. might wanna check that iut also, Alaska. I have heard thet the nacs mapping is the best so far. The trinity also sounds good. How much is it ot get the C-dale re-mapped? Can you do it yourself? what is involved?
sorry 4 all the questions, but maybe i answered a few in the process.

dave

Remapping requires that you have the software and either a laptop or handheld pc to connect to the ECU. I am not sure what dealers charge, some charge nothing if you buy the exhaust from them.........JIM

R-Crazy
10-17-2002, 03:32 PM
thanks!

dave

Sparky416ex
10-18-2002, 08:43 PM
does any pipe really give 6HP gains...thats what teh manus say but arent most just like 2 horse?

10-18-2002, 09:01 PM
Depends on the quad and the pipe. Some quads are very restricted the way they come stock. I had a Raptor with the CT Sonic pipe, and it made a huge diiference.

400exBro
10-19-2002, 06:29 AM
what about the big gun race seris???
any good....

Bro

Guy400
10-19-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by 400exBro
what about the big gun race seris???
any good....

Bro I've heard the Big Gun seems to fall apart. I do know one guy with one and he seems to like it though.

Houser Cannondale
10-19-2002, 08:14 AM
my neighbor has a 2002 cannibal with an hmf pipe and blaze mapping... and it rips puts my 300ex to complete and total shame :eek: but id either get an hmf or an engine builders pipe like sparks, those are the two id get.

Sparky416ex
10-19-2002, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by justfine
Depends on the quad and the pipe. Some quads are very restricted the way they come stock. I had a Raptor with the CT Sonic pipe, and it made a huge diiference.

Yeah ive heard you can gain %HP in jets!! with a raptor...why do they restrict them so much?

Cannondales arent resticted much at all are they?

Honda4ooEX
10-21-2002, 01:25 PM
If a guy wanted to order an HMF pipe where could he order it from? Could someone give me a website? Also I would need a header pipe to go with the HMF. Can dealerships do the Nacs mapping? Or just the Moto mapping? Thanks

10-21-2002, 02:58 PM
HMF pipes can be found at www.hmfengineering.com I am not sure how resticted the Cannondales are. I know that sizable gains can be made to a Cannibal with a different pipe and mapping. To find out about the mapping you could ask a Cannondale dealer or give Nac's a call. (845) 246-3086. I am sure they could get you pointed in the right direction. I must admit that I don't know a lot about the mapping stuff.

10-21-2002, 03:01 PM
Well, since they had problems burning out the clutches, breaking gears, bending axles, and it handled poorly. I guess they figured that it would do more of the same with more power.