PDA

View Full Version : how to jump while sitting down

yoshi470
03-10-2007, 10:08 PM
hey guys ive been riding mx for over a year now and i feel that i am getting pretty good. I feel that i am a good jumper now but i have watched videos and pros jump while sitting down on the quad?? how to they do this w/o getting thrown off the quad? it seems to me whenever ive done it i almost always wreck and have to panic rev in order to save it, so guys whats the technique to doing this propery?

SWIGIN
03-10-2007, 10:11 PM
i can do it no problem but it takes practice, kinda hard to explain

N400Ex
03-13-2007, 01:11 PM
try leanin back a little bit... idk i agree its hard to explain...if you've tried it before and you almost wrecked its usually because your knees make you stand up and make the quad nose get real low which is why you panic rev to save it... next time you try it concentrate on keepin your knees from kickin you foward when you are sittin on the jump... you san stand up once your airborne.. but from the time you start goin up the lip to the time your lean born... concentrate on keep your *** on the seat and lockin your knees from shootin you foward...idk if that helps at all but i tried lol

also... def start out on little jumps... its common sense but i had to say it lol

MC79SOUTH
03-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by yoshi470
hey guys ive been riding mx for over a year now and i feel that i am getting pretty good. I feel that i am a good jumper now but i have watched videos and pros jump while sitting down on the quad?? how to they do this w/o getting thrown off the quad? it seems to me whenever ive done it i almost always wreck and have to panic rev in order to save it, so guys whats the technique to doing this propery?

i think i know what your talking about.. its called seat bouncing. ive never tried it on my quad but on my dirtbikes i have to do it all the time (especially on my 125). what you do is sit down going up the lip then as soon as your in the air you tap your back break and the front end will come down. your body has to stay centered over the bike the whole time or you will be thrown over the bars. the point of doing this is to get over jumps that cant be cleared with just the power of your bike. it takes a lot of practice...............

hope this helps

quader400
03-14-2007, 08:01 PM
n400ex is right but to add you want to go off the lip knowing your nose will start diving, so plan on hitting the jump with your front end higher than normal. this will help for when you do get that kick forward but deffinatley try to fight it with your knees so it doesnt throw to much weight around, and practice makes perfect good luck

rollie
03-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Also make sure your rear shock is set up, too much preload or rebound and you'll go way forward, once you find your spot on the seat, i just hit it, pull back a little then lean forward to land level with the landing

CannondaleRider
03-16-2007, 04:12 PM
Seat bouncing can be a very interesting skill to learn.

Alot of it is in the jump itself. Some jumps you can do it fine, some jumps will bite you in the *** if you seat bounce it.

It's sometimes a waste of energy to seat bounce a jump, if it's not absolutely needed. You may end up working harder then just using other techniques to clear a jump.

There is no end all, fix all guidline to seat bouncing, one technique will be perfect on one jump, but bite you on another jump. You just have to experiment, and learn for yourself what works and what doesn't, for any situation.

Dan_Guetter
03-16-2007, 08:07 PM
Try learning it on a mini bike first...i dunno how else to explain it.

MX MaNiAc 06
03-19-2007, 02:25 PM
Try it on little jumps. Then work ur way up to bigger jumps.