PDA

View Full Version : car people i need your help!

woodsracer144
03-10-2007, 08:41 PM
ok i have a old chevy caprice classic and it was my older sisters car, it has a 350 motor and the trans is all good, now heres where i need the help, my brother tore the motor and trans out because he was gonna put it in his 86 scottsdale but never did. and i want a old beater and the car its self is in great cond. its 7? or 8? and its in great cond. but i need the raid.s becase the ones i have are all rusty kinda and if you touch them the just coumble so i dont think that there gonna work and he just cut all the hoses and wire, he couldnt just unplug things,
AND he did this in 2000ish so i dont know if the motor will need a rebuild. he worked on it the whole time he was in h.s. becasue it always over heated but then he fixed it and pulled it and never did any thing with it, so i wanted to put it back in to the fame and have a good time with it,
all the help would be good, i'll see if i can post pics so you knwo what im workin with,
thanks!

sly400ex
03-11-2007, 10:49 AM
I don't really know what you are looking for, but it shouldn't be that hard of a job. Just pick up a 3 core radiator from the local salvage yard, less than $100 probably.

woodsracer144
03-11-2007, 11:04 AM
i want to put the 350 motor back on it back in the car, not in the scottsdale. he cut all the metal pipeing or hoses in the car too so i'll have to replace them and the break lines i think
any one els!

bulkdriverlp
03-11-2007, 01:03 PM
that motor sat for a long time, i wouldnt bother putting it back in. all that work and money and it may burn oil bad.

woodsracer144
03-11-2007, 03:41 PM
ok
heres what my second plan is,
mygram had a 86 ford f-150 and it had a flat bed on it but the frame is rusty, how much owuld it cost to swich them, he passed last summer and i wanna buy it it has a snow plow too,
thanks!