PDA

View Full Version : low end

SicRipp83
03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
ok some more questions, im used to the lowend of a 416ex i was woundering how you guys get some good low end ot of your bikes im settting up for xc nad hard trail riding. someone sells an accelrator pump cover dose that really help the hesitation?? this is my first 450r i love the thing i just want to get this thing the way i want it so when the snow melts im set thanks

honda300EXtreme
03-10-2007, 05:18 PM
as far as gaining some lowend, i would drop 1 tooth off your front sprocket, and about that pump cover, i think its a waste of money

lj450r
03-10-2007, 05:22 PM
Do you have aftermarket pipe? If not get a pipe,filter,no lid on airbox,and jet the carb. The stock muffler really restricts this motor. It will wake it up though the entire powerband.

SicRipp83
03-10-2007, 07:26 PM
nice i was thinking doing a hrc kit with a hmf slip on! but everyone has mixed feeling about the performance of the hrc so i dont know what im going to do. i also considered doing a hmf full system, stage 1 hotcam, and running a dyna jet kit or the hmf jet kit. tough call

since were on the subject of performance ina sence do you guys think k&n is really worth it ? i have run it on all my 400ex's and it was ok but i think im going to stick with a uni replacement on this hog what do you think??

ckasper18
03-10-2007, 07:41 PM
I personally dont like the dyna jet kits filter is your call i use the k&n pro flo kit hrc kit with a full rossier pipe i also have the boyssen accelerator pump cover 50 hp at the rear wheels 06 450r model works out well for my daughter she loves it.

Dave400ex
03-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I have a full HMF with UNI filter, EHS racing lid, carb rejetted with the boyesen quickshot and a Baldwin XC cam. Great low end. I love the Baldwin cam. I too had a 416 with a XC cam that had great bottom end so I was looking for that out of the 450 and the Baldwin cam gave me what I wanted, plus more power everywhere.

pro-rider46
03-11-2007, 08:16 PM
i just finished putting in my hc stage 1 cam about 2 hours ago . that thing really makes a huge diiference but im still breaking it in

i will tell you how well it works when i get it broke in