PDA

View Full Version : Works Shocks oil and line.

Double G
03-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Just bought Works front shocks with Resi's and the line has a hole in it so the oil shot everywhere when I put them on. E-Bay is not always the best deal. Can I just replace the line and re-oil them myself? How hard is it? Would you send them back to WP and have them serviced?

honda300EXtreme
03-10-2007, 04:13 PM
talk to colby at c&d racing on here and see what he can do for ya, he does at of work on shocks and hes reasonable

XCAdam89
03-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Laz@GTT can help you out. My rear is a works as well, and the line had a hole in it. $75+ Parts is what he charges. That includes labor, and new oil. The line is around $25 I believe.

It's best to send them out though, I thought all I needed was new oil with mine. Turned out I had a shot hose, bladder, main seal, and a pitted shaft....

bwamos
03-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Double G
Just bought Works front shocks with Resi's and the line has a hole in it so the oil shot everywhere when I put them on. E-Bay is not always the best deal. Can I just replace the line and re-oil them myself? How hard is it? Would you send them back to WP and have them serviced?

You need a shock builder to do it. (C&D, GT, DeRisi, etc..)

The resivours have high pressure nitrogen in them. When the oil shot out, the bladders were most likley damaged or compromised.

A good revalving will make the shocks 10x better for you anyway. ;)